1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. hignatiou

hignatiou Registered Guest

Hi! Need help.. I have this fur that has been left to me.. It’s definitely vintage. Idk if it’s mink or sable ‍♀️ I would like to sell it.. It’s in very good condition.. Anyone know it’s worth?

Attached Files:

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

It is a lovely coat. It is not mink or sable. Hard to say without a photo of a closer look at the fur. But it looks like what they used to call "Hudson Seal" which is imitation seal made of real fur dyed black, from rabbits or similar small mammals.

The pelts look on the small side, so I do not think it is real seal, but again I cannot get a good look.

3. hignatiou

Thank you so much for your reply I will upload a pics of it up close.. I have never heard of harbor seal. Sort of like the faux furs of the 30’s..‍♀️

Attached Files:

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

The fur does not seem dense enough to be seal. I am no fur expert, but I do think is some small mammal fur dyed black to mimic real seal. It is not faux fur, it is real fur. Not sure what "faux furs" of the 30s you refer to?

hignatiou likes this.
  5. hignatiou

I just thought it was a fake made to look real LOL! Thank you so much for your reply! I really appreciate it!!!