1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help identifying! Anyone know what these are?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Bkkeen, Jan 11, 2022.

1. Bkkeen

Bkkeen Registered Guest

I found this little bundle of brightly-colored puffy plastic strips and have no idea what they are. Friends have suggested that they are for a purse or a blouse, but no one knows for sure. I can't find anything like them. Any help or ideas would be much appreciated! Thank you!

Plastic Strips 1.jpg Plastic Strips 2.jpg

2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

3. Bkkeen

Bkkeen Registered Guest

Hello Mary, Thanks for the response. I am guessing about 6-8 inches long. I will measure exactly when I get home.

4. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Maybe color samples for a larger item.

5. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

They look like something that would have lacings through them, with those tear-shaped openings. Makes me think of shoes or boots, but there wouldn't be a way to sew one on.

6. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

They make me think of those watch bands you could buy - eight different colors fitting on one watch, depending on your mood or color way for that day.

Retro Ruth and nsweezie like this.
  7. Bkkeen

Bkkeen Registered Guest

They are about 8 1/4 inches long and about an inch wide. Thanks everyone for the input!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  8. Bkkeen

Bkkeen Registered Guest

This is along the lines of what I was thinking... something to change out to suit one's ensemble.

9. Bkkeen

Bkkeen Registered Guest

I didn't mention before that there are 2 of each color in the pack. I saved them just because I liked the colors!

10. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Are they easily flexible or stiff?

11. Bkkeen

Bkkeen Registered Guest

Very flexible puffy vinyl.

12. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

yeah, maybe for high top shoes? the lacing would hold them in place, maybe?

eta: not enough holes for high tops...

13. They remind of flexible hair rollers. But, I have never seen them with holes. Very odd, for sure

14. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

Along the lines of what Mary was thinking, my thought was they could be used to embellish sneakers, by putting laces through them. I have five holes on my sneakers, so two would fit there perfectly...only you would doubtless want four of them!