1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fabric Friday and Our President, Maggie Wilds!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Workshops - specialty vintage topics' started by Distantdetails, Aug 25, 2022.

1. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

I got to thinking about Fabric Fridays, and how much GREAT information I learned there.

Then I got to pondering how our President, Maggie Wilds, wrote all 45 of those articles, between July, 2021 and June, 2022. We all know it's difficult to pick up pen (or computer), burn through the procrastination undertow (or the "undertoad", as they called it in Garp!), and maintain a weekly schedule of writing complex lessons. And, then, finding the correct images to attach!

We have so many people who help so much, and Maggie is special among them. She has a true passion for the VFG and for vintage clothing. She is a scholar and just about the kindest person I know.

I don't how she does EVERYTHING SHE DOES, and I am particularly grateful for Fabric Fridays. She saw something that needed doing, and did it!! That's totally how she rolls.

Maybe if you learned something from Fabric Fridays, or something else Maggie has done, you might thank her here, possibly with a specific memory! Or donate to the VFG. Or check out her amazing clothes and her book (she won't like that I mentioned any possible personal gain, so please don't tell her!). Or tell her you can give one hour a week for any specific task you are capable of doing. Or don't be late on dues (saves both ME and her writing additional notes to members). She'd love any of that.

For now, I'll just say Thank You, and while I miss the Fabric Fridays, I'm so grateful for everything she did to improve our knowledge. Thank You, dear, dear Maggie.
    Thanks To YoubeatingHeart

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

That is so generous of you Janine! I am so grateful for your appreciation. Not surprised, because you definitely are a generous soul, but you don't know how much I needed to read that today!

I'm really glad to have helped.

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

i have nothing specific to add because the list would be soooooooooo long, but i would just like to help spread the love.

beatingHeartbeatingHeartbeatingHeart

4. sues*stuff

sues*stuff VFG Member

5. denisebrain

I'm working with the right people!

6. Lady Scarletts

Lady Scarletts VFG Member

7. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

Maggie has been an inspiration to me for years at this point. Full of knowledge, kindness and beauty! You better believe I own her book and all of Jonathan's, too. lol

8. denisebrain

Stop!

oh-you-aww.gif

On second thought, don't stop. crazy chicken :hysterical:

9. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Maggie, you are amazing! Your thoughtfulness and caring comes through in everything you do!:cheerleader: We are lucky to have you here with us!

10. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

I want to be like Maggie when I grow up.

11. Distantdetails

Distantdetails Administrator

Oh, Ruth, that made me laugh out loud. And it's so, so true!!!!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  12. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

Earlier Maggie organize the Fabric guide for us. Yes, we are very fortunate to have Maggie. Thank you for all you have done.

Distantdetails and denisebrain like this.
  13. denisebrain

I want to be like Ruth when I grow up.

14. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member