New to the Public Forums? Please introduce yourself: 2024!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by MagsRags, Jan 1, 2024.

1. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Welcome to the Vintage Fashion Guild's public forums, where ideas are exchanged daily by both VFG members and guests.

Have some lovely vintage finds you're bursting to share with like-minded vintage lovers?
    Or have questions about a vintage fashion item that you need some guidance with?

You've come to the right place!

We do have a few easy to understand Forum Rules that we ask that you read through before you get started.

Again, we welcome you, and hope you will find our resources helpful as well as fun!

I have a specific question about a garment; how do I get help with it?

There is an enormous amount of interesting information gathered here at the Vintage Fashion Guild, so we suggest that you first simply go to the Vintage Fashion Guild homepage and check out the many resources linked there.

If you are unable to find an answer there please feel free to post a question with photos so we can help you more readily. (See How to Post a New Thread and How to Post a Photo.)
    Please post your question in the Q&A located here.

How can I express my thanks?

If we have been able to help you, please see Ways to Say Thank You.

How do I apply for Membership?

This is our Code of Practice; if you find you're already following these guidelines, you may be eligible for membership with us. Also see Why Join?

2. Aoibheann McMahon Tynan

Aoibheann McMahon Tynan Registered Guest

Hi All,

Excited to join this wonderful group of like minded fashion people!
    I have a designer vintage shop [name and links removed by moderator, see Rule #4 here, please]

Wishing everyone a happy successful year ahead!
    Ax

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2024
    nour cottolight and lizzie payne like this.
  3. Cool French Girl

Cool French Girl Registered Guest

Hi everyone! Happy to be here and learn more about American Vintage!

Best, C

4. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

lizzie payne likes this.
  5. Connie Fallon

Connie Fallon Registered Guest

Hello and I am so excited to have found this website! I am a 2002 graduate of University of Rhode Island with a BS degree in Textiles. I have collected vintage items for many years (I'm 64) and kept so many items I have purchased over the years. Currently I sell Real Estate in MD for a living but work with 2 local theatres as a costumer. We often find ourselves trying to recreate vintage looks or find vintage items that can still be utilized onstage. Sometimes I do find truly unique vintage pieces and have in the past donated back to my alma matter for their historic costume collection. I look forward to utilizing the information and forums you provide in the future! Thanks so much!! Connie Fallon

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Welcome, Connie. We would love to see some of your finds!

lizzie payne likes this.
  7. Anakatx

Anakatx Registered Guest

Hi! I am a thrifter that is always interested in finding unique vintage pieces, I love to know more about the piece and am looking forward to learning from you all!

8. lizzie payne

lizzie payne Registered Guest

Hello there- delighted to find this wonderful resource. I look forward to learning from you and sharing some of my fashion wisdom, garnered from these two, my aunt (l), and my mom, on the right, holding the half and half. LOL. That was Bay Area in the 70's!

I'm looking to repurpose and sell some of mom's items, but we're in the process of moving now and everything is in storage now. In the mean, I thrift occasionally, and love to learn at every opportunity.
    Liz

Shusteroo and Retro Ruth like this.
  9. belle.studios

belle.studios Registered Guest

Hello all.

Excited to be here. I love to thrift and am always on the lookout for vintage anything. I tend to buy just because I think it's pretty, cool, unusual, unique, etc.

Belle

Shusteroo and lizzie payne like this.
  10. Si Tenyom

Si Tenyom Registered Guest

Hello everyone,

Good day for all of us, I really like to thrift and thrift is the only alternative to get a good stuff, some vintage and other, and also I like to learn more in fashion

Shusteroo likes this.
  11. Ttucker

Ttucker Registered Guest

Hi everyone!
    I’m a thrifter who enjoys fashion but despises the pollution fast fashion creates on our planet. I look forward to using this forum for educational purposes. I also want to revamp my look so that it is more authentic to my personality; being more familiar with the history of fashion will help me to do so.

Shusteroo likes this.
  12. Kate Sullivan

Kate Sullivan Registered Guest

Hi! I’m on here to learn how to date vintage clothes. Having some success so far but absolutely would love more help via these forums collective knowledge!
    Ps I love this whole new members please introduce yourself thing!

13. StessiB

StessiB VFG Member

Hi, I'm a part time vintage fashion seller from the UK and longtime fan of all things vintage. I am also a sewist, cat lover and am lucky to live near some great antique and vintage stores. By day I work in Marketing!

14. Chembear

Chembear Registered Guest

Hi All,
    Looks like a good resource. Been thrifting and enjoying vintage clothes since the 70’s. But there’s always more to discover!
    Thanks,
    Brooks

Shusteroo likes this.
  15. Karmacycle

Karmacycle Registered Guest

Hello, so happy to find this site and forum! I've been collecting vintage clothes and textiles for three decades and it's nice to find a friendly resource for learning more about them.

Shusteroo likes this.
  16. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

17. Hope Smith

Hope Smith Registered Guest

Hi,
    I inherited a pile of women's - and some children's - clothing from the previous three generations of my family. I have two sons, both childless, so I'm having to figure out what to with it all. I'm hoping I might find some info here about the styles and fabrics.

18. Ell bee

Ell bee Registered Guest

Hi everyone!
    My name is Ell and I grew up learning how to thrift from my mom because we were poor. I've fallen in love with finding vintage clothes especially plus size because I'm a big gal! I've recently been learning about vintage fashion- the materials, their quality, their lifetime, decades, etc. I love the quality of items and want to grow my skills.
    I mainly seek to bring plus size fashion to the big men and women who struggle to find pieces.

Thank you for this wonderful community!!!

19. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

20. Marzilli_Vintage

Marzilli_Vintage VFG Member