Help with RN 27049 Gene Shelly….

Uma24

Registered Guest
Hello! I have a dress with only this paper tag with RN 27049. There is no maker’s label, so I decided to look it up. The database indicates Gene Shelly Boutique Intnl. This is obviously not one of the beautifully beaded knit dresses Gene Shelly is known for. Any ideas why this RN number is on a cotton shift dress?

Many Thanks!

upload_2024-7-2_11-15-48.jpeg

In thinking that is a 4, it does seem to be registered to Gene Shelly's International Boutique. But, if that blob is a different number...? I mean, I saw a 4, too, but I don't know that I've ever seen anything but hand beaded knits come from that shop. I'd be more inclined to check on other options for what that number could be, and to whom the RN is registered. There is no way you could list this as a Gene Shelly, I don't think there is enough proof, and you would be misrepresenting this piece. (That is, if you are researching to sell.)

Hello! I have a dress with only this paper tag with RN 27049. There is no maker’s label, so I decided to look it up. The database indicates Gene Shelly Boutique Intnl. This is obviously not one of the beautifully beaded knit dresses Gene Shelly is known for. Any ideas why this RN number is on a cotton shift dress?

Many Thanks!

View attachment 187151
I believe it is probably 27099- HAWAII TEXTILE MFG CO LTD, Honolulu Hawaii.
What is printed just under the seam edge at the top?
Image1.jpg

Last edited:
Two votes from our house for that number being 27049. If you lift the fabric above the number, what is that black ink from/for?

Earlier I looked for information about Gene Shelly and IIRC I found some reference to non-beaded Shelly fashions, but we had a power outage that wiped out what I had open on my screen and I will have to look for it again.
Single word COTTON is printed above the RN number. I sure hope you find the information again. Thanks!

Back