**Post Labels for the LABEL RESOURCE Here** 2024

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Labels for the Label Resource - Add here' started by Ranch Queen Vintage, Jan 1, 2024.

1. Thanks Maggie!

Question: I notice that someone has written some good words on Australian designer Prue Acton, perhaps our most significant fashion designer, described as Australia's Mary Quant. I'm presenting a lecture on her next week and have several pieces. If someone wanted to summarise Vintage Grace's words into a LR entry, I could submit some labels for it.

Nicole

2. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Chemise Valentino Jeans fin des années 80 début années 90
    Added to the LR 7/12/24
    Thank you, PL!

3. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Jumpsuit Chantal Thomass FW 1982-83
    Added to the LR 7/13/24
    Thank you, PL!

4. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Cravate Loris Azzaro vintage 80s
    Added to the LR 7/24/24
    Thank you, PL!

5. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Blazer Homme Largerfeld 2000s
    Added to the LR 7/24/24
    Thank you, PL!

6. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

C’est la collection Printemps Été 1983 ! Je me suis trompé
    Edited 7/24/24
    Thanks, PL!

7. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Chemise des uniformes de la SNCF crée par Balenciaga en 1990 et utilisés entre 1990-1996

Added to the LR 8/10/24
    Thank you, PL!

8. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Pantalon à pince femme Giorgio Armani années 80s

Added to the LR 8/10/24
    Thank you, PL!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 10, 2024
  9. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Cravate Jean Patou 70s

Added to the LR 8/10/24
    Thank you, PL!

10. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Veste Comme des Garçons x Kaws automne hiver 2021

Added to the LR 8/10/24
    Thank you, PL!

11. BlackLotusVintage

BlackLotusVintage VFG Board Member Staff Member

Mam'selle Label
    From 1950's handbag
    -Black Lotus Vintage

Added to the LR 8/10/24
    Thank you, Jolene!

12. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Veste Guy Laroche Haute Couture Printemps Été 1986

Added to the LR 8/10/24
    Thank you, PL!

13. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I am still inventorying my recent acquisition of 1920s to 1930s clothing and accessories, and was taken with this label.

It was inside this pair of button front tweedy men's knickers.

Happily, I found an online article at abitofhistory about Money-Back Smith, that also had a few reference links. I have synthesized the information we might want for the LR if you want to use it:

William Smith opened his first store in Oakland California in 1886 and called it The Famous Clothing Company. It became the largest clothing store in Oakland, and the largest shop exclusively for men and boys west of Chicago. As the business grew, it also became well known for its policy of "money refunded if goods are not satisfactory", and was renamed Smith Money-Back Store, and eventually in 1912, just Money-Back Smith. The store also became well known for its generous Charge It! policy, begun in 1940, that required no down payment, no interest, and no carrying charge for 90 days. The business did well for many years, becoming Smith's Clothiers, enlarging its size in Oakland, and opening a total of 24 stores in Northern California and Nevada. In 1987, Smith's filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy and went out of business in 1988.

Added to the LR 8/20/24
    Thank you, Maggie!

14. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

This is so great, Maggie! Thank you!

denisebrain and MagsRags like this.
  15. Mama Chicken

Mama Chicken Registered Guest

If we notice an incorrect label/era listing in the label "resources" section... is this where we bring it to someone's attention? I couldn't quite find a direct answer in FAQ. Thank you. :)

16. Ranch Queen Vintage

Ranch Queen Vintage Administrator

Please send me a PM with any concerns about mis-dated labels and I will bring it to the attention of the Label Resource team. Thank you!

MagsRags likes this.
  17. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Je viens de dater précisément le blazer c’est Guy Laroche Prêt à Porter Printemps/Été 1986

Added to the LR 8/10/24
    Thank you, PL!

18. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

@MagsRags would you call these 20 or 30s?

19. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

I think of knickers off the golf course as quintessentially 20s, Great Gatsby and all that. In doing a bit of research just now, this pair may be Plus Fours, made popular in the US by Edward Prince of Wales during his grand tour in 1924. I would measure them now to see if they go the requisite 4" below the knee, but they had several moth nibbles and are currently in my freezer having precautionary treatment.

The Vintage Dancer website has a very nice article on 1920s men's pants, and according to them the progression during the late teens through 20s was knickers (worn with a Norfolk jacket) > plus fours > Oxford bags (flat front), and then by 1930, pleated front baggies.

denisebrain likes this.
  20. pl_vgnt

pl_vgnt Registered Guest

Je viens de dater le Kimono grâce à cette vidéo il date de la collection F/W 1977-78 je ne sais pas encore si c’est du prêt à porter ou de la haute couture

https://reuters.screenocean.com/record/932942

Merci, j'ai ajouté la date précise

denisebrain likes this.