Welcome to the HATS OFF TO THE VFG Fall Fundraiser!! New incentive & contest!!

denisebrain

VFG Vice President
Staff member
VFG Past President
Hats-off-graphic.jpg

If you think the Vintage Fashion Guild deserves a tip of the hat for all it has to offer, please consider supporting our mission with a donation (large or small, recurring or one-time) at the following link: https://bit.ly/vintagefashionguild

Thank you so much for your support!

(Please note that the VFG is a 501(c)6 nonprofit and as such, donations are not tax deductible.)

Our goal for this year's fundraiser is to reach $1900 (or more—more would be fine!) by midnight on November 19.

fundraising-thermometer-1.png

And since this is a hat theme, I'm sure we can have a little fun with vintage hats this week!

Screenshot 2023-11-08 at 12.31.02 PM.png

C'mon everyone -the $300 matching donation is amazing!! The Vintage Fashion Guild provides such an incredible wealth of information for us vintage fashion enthusiasts!

il_794xN.5542899109_3bvz.jpg

Speaking of hats- The Vintage Fashion Guild has an amazing hat resources page for everyone to use!
The Vintage Fashion Guild HAT RESOURCE

And one of the most iconic vintage hats ever-

1937 - THE SHOE-HAT BY ELSA SCHIAPARELLI & SALVADOR DALÍ

"As a little boy at school, I stole an old slipper belonging to the teacher, and used it as a hat in the games I played in solitude. In 1936, I constructed a Surrealist object with an old slipper of Gala’s and a glass of warm milk. Years after my school-boy prank, a photo of Gala crowned by the cupolas of Saint Basil revived my early fantasy of the “slipper-hat.” Finally Madame Schiaparelli launched the famous slipper-hat. Gala wore it first; and Mrs. Fellowes appeared in it during the summer, at Venice.
From: The Secret Life Of Salvador Dalí (Dial Press, 1942)

04_Gala_by_Andre%CC%81_Maillet.jpg
1937_Perugia_Schiaparelli_S.jpg

A super fun image featuring a not so "plane" hat! I used this image in my most recent social media post for the fundraiser in hopes it will really "take off"!
1930- Alice White Wearing A Plane Hat
The Original caption for this photo is: "Nothing Plain About This Plane Hat. Airy-minded young ladies might find this a bit lightheaded for use, but Alice White, the movie star, startled the natives along the boulevard in Hollywood, Calif., when she "took off' with this hat."

plane-hat-jpg.524716

Back