Welcome to the HATS OFF TO THE VFG Fall Fundraiser!! New incentive & contest!!

Maggie, I did a random name generator spin for the winner of your book, and voilà—Sadie @dollsntrolls was the winner!

Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 1.30.42 PM.png

Maggie, I did a random name generator spin for the winner of your book, and voilà—Sadie @dollsntrolls was the winner!

View attachment 178041
I never win anything! Like, this is the second time in my life - the first being a chocolate cake I won on the roulette wheel at my best friend's Parish Festival, when I was thirteen. My parents were so confused - "you were gambling with Catholics?"

"you were gambling with Catholics?"
Oh yes, it's honorable and fully sanctioned if funds were being raised to support the church. My dad worked Thursday night bingo in the church hall every week for many years. He finally insisted on retiring when he turned 100, but not until the parish ladies made good on their threat to bring in dancing girls to celebrate. They didn't tell him the "girls" would be doing a dance routine choreographed for walkers. Their tee-shirts say "Gus's Harem".
031.JPG

He lived to 104.

Oh yes, it's honorable and fully sanctioned if funds were being raised to support the church. My dad worked Thursday night bingo in the church hall every week for many years. He finally insisted on retiring when he turned 100, but not until the parish ladies made good on their threat to bring in dancing girls to celebrate. They didn't tell him the "girls" would be doing a dance routine choreographed for walkers. Their tee-shirts say "Gus's Harem".
View attachment 178045
He lived to 104.
:rotf: That's fantastic!

View attachment 178045
He lived to 104.
That is THE BEST!!!

Wonderful story and photos. Do you have any videos of the dancing girls? Look how many years you can look forward to enjoying vintage.
Marian

I never win anything! Like, this is the second time in my life - the first being a chocolate cake I won on the roulette wheel at my best friend's Parish Festival, when I was thirteen. My parents were so confused - "you were gambling with Catholics?"
I love that you won, it was so generous of you to donate the beautiful Schiaparelli hat... what goes around comes around :cheer:

View attachment 178045
He lived to 104.
:wow22: Lovely photo, 104 is incredible and I'd love to have seen the walker routine! Go Gus and his dancing girls carnival emoticarnival emoticarnival emoticarnival emoti

Last edited:
Honestly, it's kind of a weight lifted to have it headed to a new home. I'm always worried that I'm going to ruin something nice or designer. I debated trying to steam the ding out, but decided to just describe it as a flaw. Also, when on a head, the ding looks more avant-garde. And, such a cool hat - I needed for it to be in someone else's possession!

Back