1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1890’s Cotton Print 2 Piece Gigot Sleeve Floral Stripe Day Dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Vinclothes, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is lovely, so fresh looking, and I agree that it is not common to find these in cotton and such a great color and print. I usually don't get too excited about most mid 1890's dresses, but this one is an exception. Where on earth did you find it?

:wub:

4. Vinclothes

Vinclothes Alumni +

Barbara, I don't know (can't remember) where and from whom I acquired this. I am cleaning out nooks, crannies, corners and boxes and there it was! I buy locally, but this area was not settled until the early 1900's when irrigation projects began, so it must have been saved by a family who had come from another part of the U.S. who then brought it to me knowing I would treasure it and it would eventually go to someone who would value it.
    Marian

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

that's a great dress, Marian! once we get the decades project underway, we'll definitely have to add earlier categories for gems like this!