1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1920s Dress Label. I can't find one piece of information on. HELP!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Chelsea Bernard, May 24, 2024.

Tags:
  1. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

Certainly no issues with it being a 1920s dress. I still don't like the green label, especially where it is. It may have taken up some dye with a dye run when it was washed, but that placement too... I have never seen a label in the hem before. I have seen them in the skirt side seams, but not on the hem. Perhaps it fell out and was resewn there? There is no reason to think its not original to the dress - the dress is hand beaded in France - they all were... so nothing to suggest it is trying to make a fake look real. and perhaps there was an overdye - cotton and silk take dyes differently...

amandainvermont likes this.
  2. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

What does overdye mean?

3. plousia

plousia Registered Guest

Dying over something that's already dyed, as opposed to undyed fabric or removing existing dye first.

lkranieri likes this.
  4. Chelsea Bernard

Chelsea Bernard Registered Guest

These ads are amazing! This maybe the clue I now we have been looking for! Also the french word for dress is “robe”. Thank you so much!

lkranieri likes this.