1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. awaywiffairies

awaywiffairies Registered Guest

:hiya: This is a 1930s bag that I picked up at a boot fair here in the UK (bargain). I just love the tapestry fabric & the carved frame with the little tab. The lining is sweet, mauve/green etc with a really funky bird. This will be going into a live auction next month so it's with the auction house so I can't take better pics with my camera...these were taken with my mobile, so not so hot. I love the bag & I hope it goes to a good home!

Sarah

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

Wow cool, I love the top part!!

3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

green w/envy, that is gorgeous. i'd never be able to part with a gem such as that.

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Can't believe you found that at a boot fair! Gorgeous. Note to Self: I must go booting more often!

5. awaywiffairies

Thanks for the feedback. The auctioneer said it was an old plastic, which doesnt sound as glamorous as cellouloid or ivory! (tho I thought celluloid is what the old plastic was called.....) ho hum. It's lovelier in the flesh (in my opinion & in good condition). It's going into the auction with a 1930/1940 fur muff handbag with ornate metal hardware which is really lovely. It''s hard to part with them, but the bills need paying lol!

6. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

7. awaywiffairies

My bag together with two of my other bags are now listed at the auction house (scary!) as per pic below.

Marty: The frame is now described as bakelite (they didnt say that before) Not sure if that makes the bag more collectible???? I guess they must have done some tests & they've also now dated them as 1920s.

OOh, I'm starting to have regrets bout puting them in as I want them to get the price they deserve and they all look so sweet!

Sarah :wacko:

[​IMG]

8. Wow! Superb find! You are indeed a vintage detective :headbang: Mmmmmm - note to myself - must go to a boot sale (not one that Sarah is at)! :lol:

9. awaywiffairies

If we did c each other, we'd be :USEGUN: over vintage finds!

Sarah :bouncy:

10. Or perhaps . . .:USEROCKY: :icon_dante: :paranoid: :cry: :nana: :cats:

11. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

I just found a few bags that are similar in style in my handbag book (I haven't had it long yet - so no time to memorize it all :BAGUSE:!). Those in the book are 1920s, and it says that the frame is plastic (imitation ivory). This kind of style must have been quite popular then!

Karin