1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1960s Bonwit Teller dress

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Midge, Apr 26, 2007.

1. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hi, I'm new here - though now I have found this great forum, I have loads of questions to ask...
    I buy vintage clothes for the joy of wearing them. If it fits and looks great, I'll buy it. All the same, sometimes I'd like to know what exactly I have got.
    So, here's my first question... A vintage Bonwit Teller dress.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I guess it's from the 1960s - can anyone put it more precise? I'd be glad for any information. I love aurora borealis stones like the ones on this dress, and there is not one missing. Does anyone know - might they be Swarovski stones? My mother collects vintage fashion jewelery and I know that a lot of those companies used Swarovski stones.

Karin

2. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

3. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Great dress, Karin--it does look 60s to me, too (I have had a few 60s things from Bonwit Teller at this point, and they are all such nice quality!)

I really don't know how to distinguish Swarovski from "regular" AB stones... But I know that beaded ornamentation from this period can be downright awesome--like clothing and jewelry fused into one...

4. metal_thread_vintage

metal_thread_vintage Registered Guest

I can't help with pinpointing the date, but I WANT IT!!!!!! lol. mmm. it's yummy!!!!