1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1960s Gina Fratini dolly dress help!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Joanne75, Aug 10, 2019.

1. Joanne75

Joanne75 Registered Guest

Hi there everyone,
    I’m hoping someone will be able to help me in finding information about this dress, I can’t find anything other than an illustration by Sheila Brown for vanity fair.
    I think it might be quite rare and was hoping someone could help me value it. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Cute dress, luckily the illustration gives you a lot of info. We cannot give you valuations here. Perhaps one of the auction houses that deals in Vintage Clothing clothing could do an appraisal for you. Kerry Taylor in the UK, Augusta auctions in the US.

3. Joanne75

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

You're welcome, Joanne! Also, have you looked up her name online, there is quite a lot of information on her, she was considered quite an important designer. She passed away in 2017. Lady Diana wore some of her designs and Elizabeth Taylor's dress for her 2nd marriage to Richard Burton was by her.

Nice shots of her dressier clothing from WWD

Code:
    https://wwd.com/eye/people/gallery/gina-fratini-fashion-designer-princess-diana-pictures-10907079/

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  5. Joanne75

Fabulous! I had looked her up online there’s some great information. Most of the information online is of her longer, floatier designs which made this one more unusual - also there is nothing selling on the usual sites which made me think it might be rare but I really don’t know. Once again thank you for your time! @poppysvintageclothing