1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1970s ? Paris blouse

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lilian, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Lilian

Lilian Registered Guest

Hello,

I have this blouse which to me look like a 70s blouse but someone suggested it might be a little older and I wanted to have your opinion.

1.JPG 2.JPG 3.JPG 4.JPG

I don't know what the fabric is, it looks like a sort of crepe. There is no label and the seams are not serged. I don't know if it is homemade. The pattern represents several Paris monuments and the coloured letters form the word "PARIS". I do not know if the buttons are original but the thread used is different from the one used for the blouse. The blouse is too big for me, and the sleeves are quite large.

IMG_1096.JPG IMG_1097.JPG IMG_1098.JPG IMG_1099.JPG

Thank you very much for your help, feel free to ask questions if you need more informations !

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

What a cool thing. It does look older than 70s to me. Have you tried a burn test to find out what the fabric content could be? I agree it looks like a crepe - might be a rayon crepe - 40s or 50s. But let's see what the others think.

3. Definitely some sort of crepe. Probably rayon. Looks late 60s/70s to me at first glance (long, big, pointy collar). But I don't know for sure, of course. No labels at all?

4. Great print! Looks mid '70s to me.

5. Lilian

Lilian Registered Guest

No there is no label.

Thank you all for your help!