1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1970s Sequin Blouse or Older?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by DaisyandStella, Dec 13, 2018.

1. DaisyandStella

DaisyandStella VFG Member

Hi all,

Hoping you can help me determine the age on this sequin blouse.
    The body of the blouse is crepe de chine. No labels or tags with newer hook / eye closures.
    Peplum style with fitted waist. The neckline has a draw through tie to cinch neckline.
    I appreciate any input, thank you!

Attached Files:

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I see some hand finishing. Are the seams handsewn? Does it close down the front with hooks?

3. DaisyandStella

Yes closes down front with hook and eyes (newer) and seams are hand finished.

4. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

I find this puzzling. Hooks and eyes at the front closure is a bit odd and certainly not common any time recently and the drawstring at the neck isn't common either. The style isn't 20s or ealier. It's not particurarily 40s either. Maybe 50s and not commercially made?

DaisyandStella likes this.
  5. Are you sure it doesn't fasten down the back? I see a 70s over top for a gown or a skirt bottom

northstarvintage likes this.
  6. DaisyandStella

I’m pretty sure it’s not on backwards as it fit really well, but I’ll try it the other way when I get home tomorrow.

7. I've seen similar from the '90s.

8. DaisyandStella

Now I am unsure as it looks good both ways.. thanks for your input!