1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

This is a Chanel suit from 1971. Have you seen this photograph? I'm looking for the name of the photographer or magazine in which it appeared.

Thanks img_abc018ok.jpg

2. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Looks like a very "Vogue" kind of pose. I'll look through my 1971 mags in the next couple of days.

3. Pinkcoke

Pinkcoke Alumni

Is that the whole image from the page? Searching google by image url brings up some good results, not found it yet, but it might be quicker if the image were of the page with this photo in.

4. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Claire, was this an editorial shot or from an advertisement?

5. claireshaeffer

The photocopy was given to me so I don't know whether this is the entire page or whether it's editorial or advertising.
    Thanks, Claire

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

It looks like a black and white newspaper ad but perhaps that was just the effect that was used when taking the shot.

7. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Sorry Claire. I've looked through everything I have and came up empty. Based on Mary Jane's idea, I even checked Newspaper Archive, but there wasn't anything similar.

8. claireshaeffer

9. Work_of_Heart

Work_of_Heart Registered Guest

Hello Ladies, I wonder if you can help me please? I bought this blazer and need to learn more about it. Can you help?

Attached Files:

10. Hi Work_of_Heart, and welcome to the forums.

The best thing to do is to start a new thread, dedicated to your item - you're in the right forum (post it Here) and it will help if you read this thread first, and add any information you can.

Thank you.

11. Work_of_Heart

Work_of_Heart Registered Guest

oh great thank you!

12. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  13. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Oooohhhh! Great detective work Victoria! I'll bet that is from a Vogue pattern magazine!

14. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Victoria, I contacted Claire to make sure she sees this. She is currently traveling, but sends her thanks and she will follow up next weekend.

15. Vintagiality

Thank you, Jody. I hope Claire finds it useful even though I could not pinpoint the source. The woman from the blog may be able to help as well.

Victoria

16. KristynaBlue

KristynaBlue Registered Guest

Wow well done ladies - I am impressed at your resourcefulness and success on this challenge :)

17. claireshaeffer

I contacted Prairie Mary and exchanged some great emails; but she doesn't remember where she got the photo. Thinks Vogue or Harper's Bazaar. I know it isn't Vogue so am guessing HB. So please resume your look out.
    Claire

18. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Harper's Bazaar didn't feature patterns though. I was thinking Vogue Pattern Magazine, not Vogue the fashion magazine.

19. Vintagiality

Claire,

I am pretty sure that it is from a Vogue pattern series called Vogue Paris Original. They had all these famous designer patterns with actual models in simialr style fashion photography rather than the drawn covers of normal patterns

Victoria

20. claireshaeffer

Victoria,
    That's interesting. Even if it were a Vogue Pattern, Vogue would have used the couture house photo. Sadly Vogue has very little in its Archives, but I'll check. Thanks. C