1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2,300-year-old boot

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by Retro Ruth, Nov 18, 2020.

1. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

2. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

Wow! Those are beautiful, and those soles give cause to think (as the article says) that they weren't worn except indoors for a special occasion, possibly one where the soles would show.

That sure beats socks with writing on the bottom!

91Ecw6jXLeL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

3. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

They are incredible aren't they? When I saw the headline I was expecting just a mangled bit of leather, not shoes so fancy you don't walk in them!

4. Amazing article. Burial practices from times beginning is fascinating to me. Such a wealth of information is derived from burial sites and tombs regarding human beings and their cultures. In the end, it's so interesting to know how the human struggle, despite so many technological advancements throughout time, has remained so much the same. Wouldn't it be exciting to actually touch these shoes, but with a glove, of course!! Thank you, Ruth, for sharing. And, Maggie, I want to know if those are your socks!!!! Some days I could use those socks.

Racked Vintage and Retro Ruth like this.
  5. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Amazing. I remember seeing an exhibition with Scythian jewelry etc. years ago - the workmanship and detail was just amazing.

Racked Vintage and Retro Ruth like this.
  6. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

Neato! Thank you.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  7. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Retro Ruth likes this.