1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

50s leather purse - hand tooled or embossed?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by themerchantsofvintage, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Second guessing myself. I think it's hand tooled, but something is telling me to ask. So here I am :)
    No labels and the lining is not like the hand tooled Mexican bags from the period, but that of a manufactured bag.

Thanks!

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

How intriguing. Looks late 50s or early 60s. Looks like some sort of embossed leather, I think that's the term.

3. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Gorgeous! I agree with the embossing technique. For some reason, to me it looks Italian in design.

4. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is beautiful. I believe this is an Italian embossed leather purse. 1950s sounds right.

5. :USETHUMBUP:Thanks, Barbara :)

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Disclaimer: I'm the lucky buyer of this beauty! (Snagged it from Deborah's IG feed... angelic emoti)

The pattern and colors are so unique, but the overall feel is similar to other "florentined"/ Italian-made mid-century coin purses and wallets I've seen.

7. :clapping::drinkingtoast::clapping:

Thank you, Carrie :)

8. This IS a beauty.