1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

70s Laura Ashley dress... with tags still attached!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Winifred, Jul 11, 2022.

1. Winifred

Winifred Registered Guest

Hi everyone,
    I recently acquired a gorgeous 70s, made in Holland, Laura Ashley prairie dress in pristine condition, and this beauty still has her original tags from the store attached! I've done some research, but nothing came up as I haven't been able to find anything about any Laura Ashley "new with tags" 70s dress for sale out there. Does anyone know if it increases her value? I know prices depend of the model, the size, the wearability and if the piece is rare or not, but I'll be happy if anyone could help me with this one!
    Thank you :)

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

New with Tags always increases value.

Hard to say by how much, and we can't offer pricing advice.

Can we see it? :)

I've never seen a 70s dress Made in Holland...

3. Winifred

Winifred Registered Guest

Thank you for answering!
    Sorry for the lame manicure, but here it is, hope it helps :
    IMG_1123.jpg IMG_1124-2.jpg

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

i see we have a very similar label from Holland in the label resource, I just hadn't noticed before. https://vintagefashionguild.org/label-resource/ashley-laura/

Definitely 70s. What a great find!

As I said,pristine with tags definitely increases value. If it were mine, I'd be looking to see what similar dresses go for, and then adding something for the new with tags factor.

However, it does looks to be a fairly small size at 34, which has the opposite effect on value.

Best pricing advice I've had, is start higher, you can always come down or accept offers.

We can't give you specific pricing here - as you've said it depends on so many factors.