1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'70s Upholstery Fabric

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by vtgdesigngeek, Sep 10, 2020.

1. vtgdesigngeek

vtgdesigngeek Registered Guest

Would someone be able to help me in identifying this fabric? I'm trying to find something in a similar pattern/color scheme.

[​IMG]

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

That is difficult (as you already know!) from just a photo. The pattern in the center, I might refer to as a center awning stripe. The basic fabric looks like a rough weave linen, like a hemp fabric. Cannot tell if it IS indeed linen of course.

Panton era awning stripe fabric?

I think I want to take a nap in that chair.....

GemGem likes this.
  3. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Do you actually have those cushions and the back frame in hand? From the photo, it looks like the stripe might be applied over the beige fabric - not part of the linen or whatever the fiber is. It's a great looking set!

I don't know if you'll be able to find the exact same fabric. Awning stripe is a good search term. c You ould try Sunbrella.

https://www.outdoorfabriccentral.com/sunbrella-46-stripes.html They make lots of all-over striped fabrics suitable for outdoor use.

If I had to take a wild guess at the maker of the striped fabric (if it's actually separate) I would guess Stroheim & Romann - but that's a guess.

GemGem and Distantdetails like this.
  4. Avantbo

Avantbo Registered Guest

Hi,

From the photo I can't tell if the stripe is secondary or part of the weave.

I personally, if I couldn't find that material, would go down the road of a heavy, fire retardant, dark cream upholstery calico and then add a pin stripe material, as you are aware, Etsy would be your best choice for variation and quality.

Take a look at " Cloth House Studio "

[​IMG]

GemGem likes this.
  5. Caroline B

Caroline B Registered Guest

We are into fabrics in Europe. Do you mind me asking the providence of this lounger?

@vtgdesigngeek

GemGem likes this.