1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

90s-00s Christian Dior Paris rubber label, likely replica line.

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by retrograde, May 19, 2024.

1. retrograde

retrograde Registered Guest

Screenshot_20240520_082921.png

I cannot exactly confirm when or where this rubber label is from, but they only seem to be on John Galliano era style Dior jackets (All either nylon, aviator, fur trim, flower embroidered styles with Dior hardware), sold from Ukraine and Europe mainly.

Sometimes it does have the similar made in France + serial + size label from the Galliano era as such: Screenshot_20240520_082956.png Screenshot_20240520_082849.png Screenshot_20240520_082839.png

But other ones have an atypical wash care tag that is not found on any main line nor licenced era lines as such: Screenshot_20240520_083708.png Screenshot_20240520_083719.png Screenshot_20240520_083731.png

And whether if this rubber label line is an entirely fake replica line or some odd licenced era line from Ukraine or elsewhere, these only seem to have been produced during the 90s to early 2000s and stopped, therefore only used jackets are being sold as used.

For example: Screenshot_20240520_083744.png Screenshot_20240520_083648.png

This jacket has a very detailed, if not accurately resembling John Galliano era style, with Dior engraved hardwares and design. But the inner polyester lining with "Dior CD" pattern is very cheap looking and the rubber label is unseen from the main Galliano era lines.

Do you have any info or insight into what these rubber label Dior jackets are?

Attached Files:

2. retrograde

Bump, anyone?

3. moxysquib

moxysquib Registered Guest

The CD is throwing me. Usually, that logo looked like this: https://uspto.report/TM/97284106. I've never seen it printed like this. But I defer to a Dior expert, in case there was a brief period when they deterred from the established monogram logo.

4. retrograde

One you referred is a modern redesign post 2000s probably, the old Christian Dior fonts did use that style of CD in the jacket.

But the overall quality of these 90s Dior jackets with the rubber label is really bad, often with bad stitching and odd tags. What puzzles me is that all these are John Galliano era style designs, but I don't think Dior & Galliano ever used the rubber label.

It might be an entirely fake imitation line from Ukraine or Europe, I'll give 20% that it's a legitimate badly produced licenced era line (like those licenced Dior lines from Japan during the 80s-2000s), but I cannot find anything online to confirm.