1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Dress that lives up to its label...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by cmpollack, Jun 14, 2009.

1. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

Got this beauty last week from Etsy's new shop, eCouture by Jenkins & Evans, the brainchild of VFGer Hollis Jenkin-Evans, which you must, must, MUST check out! It inspired a blog entry, too... :)

[​IMG]

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

:wow22: that's fabulous - thank you so much!:clapping:

Hollis

3. Gorgeous dress! Yellow and black is such an eye-catching combination. Do you have a link to the eCouture etsy shop?

Nicole

4. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

What a wonderful post and a terrific blog! I enjoyed reading it! Congrats Hollis!

5. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

Nicole, looks like there's link to it in Hollis's signature, "eCouture by Jenkins & Evans."

I too love that yellow and black combo! Hollis, what was it like before you turned your fabulous imagination loose on it?

6. joules

joules VFG Member

Fabulous blog entry! So well written, and a thrilling topic.

7. APrizeEveryTime

APrizeEveryTime VFG Special Friend

Never mind! I just read the excellent blog entry. Wonderful writing about a masterfully done transformation.

8. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Wow Carrie - You write beautifully. And Hollis, what a nice, well deserved tribute. Off to relook at the creations of Hollis and to read Carrie's archives. So many excellent VFG bloggers. I am impressed (as again).

9. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Great blog entry - and a wonderful dress. And a wonderful idea to recycle clothes.

I have so far done this only with old t-shirts - I cut them up, re-sewed and decorated them... and then I started buying new or secondhand tops or tees that I liked (and that would usually have been too big for me) and turned them into fun tops for me. That pretty much doubled my summer wardrobe!

Karin

10. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

OP now edited to include the link!

11. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

thank you! - so sweet to get nice feedback. It's the curse of online endeavors. We don't get much verbal response to our wares.

Oh yes - this one was a very large size elastic waist rayon skirt , a smocked blouse that was very long ( smocking over the hips - not a good idea) and a long wrap skirt that was cut rather straight, so didn't wrap very well. The extra bits became the top Carrie linked to. I tried to work in some of the leftover bits from the underskirt in the top, but it seemed better without. And of course, bits of vintage hardware.

Hollis

12. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

:clapping:

Wonderful dress and wonderful blog, Carrie! Kudos to Hollis & you both!

13. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Great blog, Carrie and of course kudos to Hollis on this new venture on making the most of recycling vintage.:cheer:

14. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

love the creation, Hollis, love your well-written blog, Carrie, and love this place!! :wub::wub:

15. vintageclothesline

vintageclothesline VFG Member VFG Past President

Great blog, Carrie, and wonderful re-creation, Hollis!:cheer:

16. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

Carrie, love your blog!

And the dress is one of my fave color combos!

Hollis, you have a great eye for this new endeavor.