1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A few things I have bought lately....

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by babyjayne, May 24, 2009.

1. babyjayne

babyjayne Registered Guest

I have just started a new job after many months due to redundancy at my old position and yes that means shiny wages to spend on not-so-shiny things!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I got this just yesterday...its 80`s by Royale Hawaiian Creations..just unsure of what to wear it with!
    [​IMG]
    Original Ferncraft Springos!! ^^
    [​IMG]
    My Knitted dress,Label Name: Marty Gutmacher
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Vintage dress by paradise hawaii...i wore this to an event the other week and it fit like a dream!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I bought this from a vintage market the other week...i am unsure about the label though..it a lovely bright blue colour with a knitted collar although I dont think the picture shows up the beauty of it! :)

I am sure I`ll find a few more bits soon as I am forever looking...especially lucite bags *Drools!*

2. MyVintageCocktail

MyVintageCocktail VFG Member

Wow! Those Springolators and the Paradise dress are 2 die 4! Thanks for sharing!

3. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

4. babyjayne

Thankyou Paul, I have looked on the link you posted,but couldnt find anything under the name of "macbeth or banlon" but cheers anyway

5. pauline

pauline Registered Guest

Week ends are a little quiet here , so I sure someone will pop along with some info soon.

6. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

From the Visual Merchandising Dictionary:

Banlon - A popular tradename during the 1960s. Joseph Bancroft & Sons owns it and Banlon is actually a process that adds crimp and stretch to synthetic fibers.

Here are a few more links to info about the history of Ban-Lon:

http://invention.smithsonian.org/resources/MIND_Repository_Details.aspx?rep_id=692

http://openjurist.org/268/f2d/569/joseph-bancroft-sons-co-v-shelley-knitting-mills-inc

I wasn't able to find anything on "Marbeth" brand (or trademark?) Banlon, though I did find a Marbeth Banlon sweater on Etsy still with its tags--maybe that would be useful for comparison?

Love your finds!

7. babyjayne

Thanks for your help! I just like to find out the history of my clothes
    Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Laura

8. coffeegrl

coffeegrl Registered Guest

The shoes rock!!

9. missproper

missproper Alumni

I agree, they're gorgeous!!

10. babyjayne

Thankyou! They are gorgeous

Hope you are all having a lovely weekend

Laura x

11. babyjayne

Hehe thanks doll! I bought another bag yesterday soooo nice and a rarity to find such a beauty where I live!
    Im still on the hunt for a sun top though!

Laura x