1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A Lilli Ann coat style question...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by stlthriftygirl, Nov 2, 2019.

1. stlthriftygirl

stlthriftygirl Registered Guest

I found a Lilli Ann brown leather and faux fur swing coat (from what I believe was the London Leathers line). It's amazing, in great condition and was 75 percent off at Goodwill--costing only $5. I had to have it! There's one problem, though...the sleeves look like bracelet sleeves on me, and my modern tops and sweaters poke out. When I found the coat online, a seller noted that hers had sleeves that fit in a similar fashion (looking shorter); she thought maybe hers was a petite size. My coat does not have any tags other than the Lilli Ann San Francisco/Paris tag. So I'm not sure if this is a petite size, meant to have shorter sleeves...or maybe my arms are just long. Is it possible that I can compensate for lack of length with longer gloves? I don't want to look ridiculous, but when I saw that Lilli Ann tag out in the wild at such an amazing price, well, I just couldn't leave it! A photo is attached...sorry if it's a little blurry.

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Good score! It looks like a 3/4 sleeve, meant to be worn with gloves that come up to cover the arm.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  3. wyogems

wyogems VFG Member

Check the faux fur for devil dust. Lilli Ann faux fur is famous for it.