1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abercrombie and Fitch label with birds?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by MrsBernier, Feb 22, 2021.

1. MrsBernier

MrsBernier Registered Guest

Hello, I have searched EBay, the guilds labels and so on to see if I could find anything like these pants and have come to a stop, so now I’m asking for anyone’s help! HELP! These pants have the corduroy look, snap pockets on front and back, with flared bottoms? There is another tag that just has an ID#, but I can’t find a label like this or even another made in Hong Kong one? So, any ideas?

Attached Files:

2. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Hello and welcome to the forums. To help with dating, we always need to see the whole garment - can you please post photos of the pants in full, front and back, and if they have a care label, can you please post this too? Thank you!

3. MrsBernier

Oh, ya, I did read that, duh. Ok sorry, here they are. Thank you

Attached Files:

4. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Thank you. My guess is that they are newer. The labels to me look too new for 1970s, on the other hand, garment manufacturing in Hong Kong is to my knowledge not a thing anymore, it has been taken over by other low-cost countries in Asia. My guess would be that they are from the ca. mid-/late 90s revival of flares. Corduroy was also quite popular then. So they may just be vintage (we go by the 20-year-rule).

5. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

There was definitely a low waist flared cords 'thing' kicking about in the early-mid 90s indie music scene, these fit right into that period.

Midge likes this.
  6. MrsBernier

Thank you very much! It can get flustering not being about to research something.