1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

About these waterproof boots...

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by b*a*vintagequeen, Oct 31, 2004.

1. b*a*vintagequeen

b*a*vintagequeen Registered Guest

There is nothing that tells me if they are vinyl or rubber. The tag only says that they are "waterproof". The are soft and very bendable....the bottom is stamped "Made in USA".

Any ideas...and I am thinking late 60's on these?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The fur unfortunatley is faux, but still very nice!

2. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I probably would rather have faux fur on a rain boot that is guaranteed to get soaked. but that's just me. It is hard to say without touching them myself what i think they are. maybe our shoe guy will come by to tell you when he wanders in for the workshop in another hour or so.

3. b*a*vintagequeen

I guess you are right on the fur, I was not even thinking about that!

4. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I can't quite make out the heel shape, which will help me date them for you. This ankle style of fur trimmed boot is very fashionable until the early 60s and not so much afterwards, although they continued to sell them for more matronly wear. The material could be some sort of macintoshed, or oilcloth material, with a textile backed synthetic rubber. SOrry, I can't be anymore specific without handling them.

5. b*a*vintagequeen