1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. tweany

tweany Registered Guest

Hello there
    I am looking forward to chatting and getting to know you, well as many as possible.
    May I start with a quick question?
    Can a date be confirmed to what date the manufacturers of ACE zippers were established? or started?
    Have some knowledge about some zippers yet trying to find this info to add detail to a Handbag that I have (one of many)
    Tried to search the WWW re: ACE zippers and have not gathered the data to date.
    Could anyone cast any light to the date please? Its a question raised to try and gain more general info for the zip

Many thanks
    Tweany

2. DaisyDais

DaisyDais Registered Guest

Dear Tweany, I bought a handbag today and whilst trying to identify the manufacturer of the bag, I googled the name of the zipper, ACE and it lead me to your.post on this forum.
    Did you ever find anything further to help you? I've attached some photos of the zipper and bag. If you have any leads to share, that would be great. If not, thanks anyway. It's down to you I came across this fabulous site. Best, Daisy.

Attached Files:

3. Westydog

Westydog Registered Guest

Tweany , just saw your post and perhaps this may be of help . In the early 60's in Dublin I knew of a Zip fastener factory who produced " Ace Zip fasteners " supplying both the the clothing , travel & handbag trade . I know where it was located also a lot of their customers in the clothing trade at that time as I was a member of staff there . Perhaps I could pass on further information if you wish .Best wishes . Westydog