1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An announcement!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by nsweezie, Jun 30, 2004.

1. nsweezie

nsweezie Registered Guest

Hi everyone!
    Just wanted to make a small announcement...
    I got married yesterday!
    My fiance and I have been together for 2 years, and we were planning to get married in October in England. We decided to have a ceremony here for our Norwegian friends that wouldn't be coming to the October wedding.
    I wore a 1960's Lilli Ann suit, and I've attached a picture of Henry and I. I have another dress for the October wedding, a 1960's heavily beaded silk dress from Hong Kong. I promise pictures of that dress in the future.
    We are going to have our honeymoon in Budapest, because Henry's company is having a meeting there in August and it meant a free trip for both of us. :) I've never been, and would love to hear more about Budapest if any boardies have been.
    Louise

2. nsweezie

Another picture :cool:

3. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

GREAT SUIT! And many happy returns. Never been to Budapest, so I can't help you there, but my neighbour is from Budapest (one of the '56 refugees) and she waxes poetic over Budapest. Her father was a shoemaker. Budapest was known as the shoe couture capital of the civilized world before WW2, especially men's shoes.

4. Oh, gosh, I just love weddings. I love Lilli Ann, too, and that is a beautiful suit. Beautiful bride, too, and dashing groom.

Best Wishes and will be looking forward to seeing pictures of the second ceremony.

5. cherry-pie-and-roses

cherry-pie-and-roses Registered Guest

Just lovely! Congratulations to the groom and best wishes to the bride. Have a mah-ve-lous trip.

Brenda

6. You look stunning in your Lilli Ann!! Wishing you many, many years of happiness!!!!!!!

7. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Lovely suit, cute bag, beautiful bride and handsome groom!

I wish both of you all the best!

Lizzie

8. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

Congrats you two!!

What a sharp looking couple! You look like you stepped out of another time with your Lilli Ann on, too. Budapest sounds like such an exotic locale. Pls let us know all about it.

Chris

It's our one month anniversary today too : ) (i should get around to throwing som pics up too, shouldn't i?)

9. Patentleathershoes

oh wait a minute...so you were going to have the wedding in October and then said "hey, why not get married now?"..

10. nsweezie

Hi again!
    Actually we are having two weddings, one now and one in October. Mostly because Henry has family in Norway, and my family is all in England and Canada.
    I'd love to see your pictures Chris.

11. Patentleathershoes

Good...than two anniversaries to celebrate : )

They are all 10+ megabytes because they were from a professional camera...i have to email them to myself off the cd, shrink em with photoshop and then get em up.....i was hoping just to scan the hardcopies when i got them. I will see what i can do to get something up in the next day or two... (other than that just teeny bitmaps..)

12. Congratulations and best wishes! That first photo is magical and you both look so chic!

I want to see Chris' pictures, too!

Sorry I'm screaming everything, hee hee (!!!)

Steph

13. Patentleathershoes

the top one would look great in B&W!

14. camelbackcat

camelbackcat Alumni

What more could a person want??? Gorgeous bride, handsome groom, both, obviously, crazy in love, a wonderful Lilli Ann suit, a trip to Budapest??????? Honey, you've got it ALL!!!! Now enjoy married life and much happiness in the years ahead.
    *sniffle* I always cry at weddings,
    Cheers,
    joey

15. bigchief

bigchief Alumni VFG Past President

Congratulations! So beautiful - you, Henry, the suit, the photo - everything! Wishing you a long and happy life together,

Carolyn :)

16. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

Louise, congrats to you and your new hubby! You look
    gorgeous (and Henry isn't too shabby either :) ) Love the suit!
    Thanks so much for sharing this happy news with us!

Sue

17. Leisa

Leisa VFG Member

Oh How Wonderful!!!!!

I'm very happy for you & Henry.

You two are a beautiful couple.

Wishing You Many Many Many Years of Happiness Together,
    xoxoxo
    leisa

18. alonesolo

alonesolo Guest

What a beautiful couple you are! congrats to you both!

That Lilli Ann is gorgeous!!!!

19. marlyandmorry

marlyandmorry Registered Guest

Many Congrats, what a beauty of a bride you are, I am going to chime in with Jonathan, BEAUTIFUL suit!!!

Live on with happy beginnings!

Nanc

20. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

What a wonderful idea - weddings in two places, great clothes and an exotic honeymoon - it all sounds pretty grand to me.

Hollis