1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

An Escada Button!

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Most Wanted - Looking for something?' started by Patentleathershoes, Dec 3, 2004.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

This is in the top two of my favorite suits of all time. But alas, it is missing a button!

They look like this and weigh a ton. Well quite substantial brass anyways. One could cause damage if swinging their jacket around.

[​IMG]

Label is Escada and then says Margaretha Ley under it.

I doubt if Escada sells replacement buttons. And they probably don't have years past anyways.

Any other ideas on finding it are appreciated.

There are a gazillion buttons on this so it is not like there is just one button where I could use something else in the meantime.

Its a long jacket with french cuffs and looks a little Sargeant Pepper-ish.

2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

I would definately try writing Escada to see if they might sell you a replacement button. I know for a fact Chanel won't sell you a replacement button, a friend of mine tried to get a shoe motif Chanel button replaced and she went through the store and wrote to Paris, but Escada might. If they have any in stock, they should.

3. Patentleathershoes

that's what i was thinking, that they would be like chanel. I will look up their website!

4. Keep me posted on the outcome!!

I too have an Escada cashmere jacket that someone took two of the buttons off. It was supposed to be double breasted!!

5. Patentleathershoes

i will Bonnie. This is the type that if you miss a button, you lose the whole look. well, you don't, but its real obvious. i could move the bottom button up so it looks like i am just wearing it with the bottom one unbuttoned, but it is just not as great! there are5 or 6 set s of buttons running down the front x2

6. Patentleathershoes

oh darnit! its a "flash player" site. I can't get through! I hate when people do that and give you no alternative

7. Patentleathershoes

BTW, would someone be so kind as to go to http://www.escada.com and find a pertinent email address for me to write to, or an apropriate #.

I can't access the site as it is for Flashplayer 6 and It just freezes on my computer.

thanks!

8. Vintagetrend

Vintagetrend Registered Guest

what is the exact width?

Michelle

9. Patentleathershoes

based on several tape measures, between 20 and 21 mm or just barely a midge over 2 cm. so i don't know if that means its 20 or 21 mm.

i am measuring it by placing a tape measure behind the button, as to not be confused with its convexness on the top. The tape slides up to where it is sewn on so pretty accurate between 20 and 21 mm to my best ability.

I think!

I jsut looked at it again, there are 6 buttons going down the middle of the jacket. I just had a thought....guess i could take the buttons off the cuffs and use one of those but i think it would take away from the whole look. But worse comes to worse i will because they are not functional on the cuffs. hmmm....and put contrasting buttons on the cuffs until i can find a match someday...that is ponderous....

And hey...i just found 27 cents and a cool pen with aqua blue ink in the pocket from the last time i wore it.

10. Vintagetrend

Before you remove cuff buttons let me see what I have

Michelle

11. Patentleathershoes

Alrighty! I won't touch a thing. I was asking because i pulled it out thinking i would wear it next wednesday, though it would be cutting it way too close to get ahold of the company. i will probably wear something else then, but it got the wheels turning.

12. Vintagetrend

nope, I am sorry, interesting enough I found a mondi button that is very similar but not the logo Escada...

Michelle

13. Patentleathershoes

thank you so much for looking...so i will either use one of the cuff buttons for now. Or, maybe put an oddball rhinestoney button of a similar size on it. like it was supposed to be that way. when i get a contact email from escada, i will try that route.