1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Another Odd Necklace....

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

I am STILL not done with a huge estate jewelry lot i purchased last year. Everytime i think i am at the bottom, i find another box of it.

This is an odball piece. It really has no rhyme or reason. Looks like some marbles, wood beads, etc just got together and decided to make a day of it. It reminds me of the necklaces people were wearing in the 80s that were fabric and had knots instead of beads. I don't know why...it really has zero to do with that at all. But that is what came to mind.

[​IMG]

I will probably put it in a lot,....

but....what the heck is it? any style come to mind or is it just a little free-for-all

Chris

2. Huge beads and chunky necklaces are IN this spring. Go for it.

3. Oh my! That is an eclectic blend of objects!! :o

I'm stumped -- and for once, speechless :hysterical:

~Maureen

4. Patentleathershoes

"""I'm stumped -- and for once, speechless""

me too, that's why i am posting it :)

Its one of those things maybe you love it or you don't, and there really is no in between. maybe i need to put it on my mannequin showing it with the sunny yellow spring coat I have up right now and it will be more in context and people can understand the chunkyness. That big bead in the middle is pretty big....an inch or maybe a little bit more wide.

Chris

5. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

defintely an artsy eclectic look to it - it's lovely chris!:clapping:

6. artizania

artizania Alumni + VFG Past President

It isn't - but it reminds me of those trading beads necklaces you can find.
    I quite like it!

7. Patentleathershoes

So exactly what era category does this one belong in? I usually AT LEAST know that! That's a good angle Margaret, on that too.

It reminds me of something my art teacher in school would have worn.

8. bartondoll

bartondoll Guest

It looks like some of the stuff that I used to put together. I would take
    apart thrift store jewelry and had a great time using bone, shells,
    glass, clay, (usually everything but plastic) beads to make my own
    necklaces.

As to date, I'd say anywhere from the 60s upwards. (big help huh?)

Sue

9. Patentleathershoes

I think perhaps it cannot be known. It is an unknowable.

The lady who owned all the jewels passed away in the early/mid 80s. her son had held onto everything for quite a few years before deciding that maybe its high time for him to part with it. (afterall it would look no good on him!).

So anywhere from the 60s to maybe 84-ish at the latest. At least that is only 24 years. so that ain't too shabby :)

Those squarish beads are kinda odd. they almost have a woodgrain reminiscent texture to them.

Chris

10. Patentleathershoes

Thanks for all your help guys. I think I may hold off for now or lot it as I don't feel comfortable selling it without being able to give people a narrower date. (but maybe I will change my mind)