1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antique Sewing Box

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Chatter - Anything and everything' started by amandainvermont, Mar 9, 2017.

1. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

This is described on Facebook as:
    "Antique Palais Royal musical Grand Piano sewing box."

It looks like there's a glass bottle with a cap in there. Purpose? And what is the key type thing on top? Perhaps key to open it, but funny place to leave it for the photo.

17191284_1413244908750619_4170275702959434869_n.jpg

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

3. claireshaeffer

claireshaeffer VFG Member

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

Oh Goodness - I just registered on the "musical" part of it - I was thinking it was strictly sewing. Of course! It gets two Wows now.

5. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

OMG thats to die for!

6. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

That should fetch a very pretty penny!

Stunning!!!!

I just found the original listing of this item on someone's private website from the UK- it was sold so we can't see the amount but you have to read about it...it's a music box as well, the details are in the description.

Code:
    http://www.antique-clocks.co.uk/antique_clock_details.asp?stockno=4642

7. The glass bottle is for the shot of whiskey you need when you stab yourself with your sewing needle. Or maybe that's just me? Seriously, though, if it's not an etui (and there already seems to be one there), I don't know what it's for. Perfume?

That is so cool. Thanks for sharing!