1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Antique something or other

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by acceber, Jun 14, 2021.

1. acceber

acceber VFG Member

I’m wondering what to think of this. It had a tag that said it was a dress slip. It seems far too constructed to me for that but maybe I’m wrong. My first feeling was that maybe it was a nursing uniform. I love the little embroidered initials. All the seams are French. It doesn’t look like it on the hanger but it sits well below the knee and it feels like it’s been starched a lot.

9BC19704-FE31-4765-8D16-7265937381B0.jpeg 135A0BEF-C416-4CB2-B8FC-46EFA4930CB5.jpeg 55904131-1A03-4B00-9E4E-466B3EE0C6EB.jpeg 9EB6F886-BBB8-436B-8BA1-668CF9518DCE.jpeg B071D77C-EA50-40AD-BBF8-11D15ED22422.jpeg

GemGem and The Vintage Merchant like this.
  2. Jonathan

Jonathan VFG Member

It looks like an early 30s summer dress to me, if the belt is at the waistline - on the matronly side - intended for an older woman.

acceber likes this.
  3. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

you sure are sourcing some amazing vintage, Rebecca!!

acceber likes this.
  4. GemGem

GemGem Registered Guest

Love the collar! I understand what you mean re: nursing as their is a low slit to the bust which could suggest that. In any case it is beautiful and looks to be in fab condition :)

acceber likes this.
  5. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

fwiw, i'd soak her a few days to soften her up, get rid of that starch. I think she'd be a lot more attractive and comfortable. :)

acceber likes this.
  6. acceber

acceber VFG Member

Thank you! I will definitely try soaking it. I think it would look so much better if it could move properly!

The Vintage Merchant likes this.