1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anybody ever hear of "Mr Vito Miami"?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Susan@Tucson, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Susan@Tucson

Susan@Tucson Registered Guest

Hi everyone!

I can't find a dang thing on this label. I am going to list it, but am looking for more information if possible! Thanks!

ps trying to upload a photo of the label, but my image is too large.....grrrrrrr. Wish I was more techy saavy!

Susan

2. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I have never heard of him but he sounds like someone I'd like to hang out with!

Can't wait to see the pics. I have not tried this program myself but I've heard that Gimp is a good way to manipulate photos.

http://www.gimp.org/

Susan@Tucson likes this.
  3. Susan@Tucson

What is the image max that I can load? This is my first time trying to post on here :)

4. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

5. Susan@Tucson

Ugh. I can't do it. I've made it as small as I can. It uploaded to twitter....I just followed you on Twitter, and you look for me there and check the photo?

6. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

7. Susan@Tucson

Now, how did you do that!!!!!?????? Thank you xoxo

8. lkranieri

lkranieri VFG Member

1--I copied the picture through your Twitter link,
    2--pasted it in Adobe Photoshop Elements,
    3--resized it to a width of 350 pixels,
    4--saved it,
    5--went back to the VFG forum and moved my cursor a couple of lines below the text I typed (so the picture didn't appear in the middle of my words--as it did the first time)
    6--clicked on the Upload a File link below--and to the right--the box where I type posts here,
    7--then clicked on "Full Image" when the picture is uploaded, but not yet posted to your message (you see a tiny picture of it below the box in which you typed your message, and two choices to the right of it: Thumbnail or Full Size Image--or something like that)

Susan@Tucson likes this.
  9. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

The maximum size is 1MB for uploading photos.

If you can't make it smaller, you can also upload it somewhere else (facebook, photobucket) and show it here by using the 'tree' icon.

10. cmpollack

cmpollack VFG Member

I found references to "Mr Vito of Miami" (most of them for pantsuits/palazzo pants sets) from the late 60s and early 70s. (BTW I love that label--looks like it's supposed to be a gondola?)

Susan@Tucson likes this.
  11. Susan@Tucson

12. Susan@Tucson

This is a darling teeny tiny pantsuit...and it bares a nice section of tummy in the front! It is a size 3; I'm assuming that is a junior size. Thanks so much for your help! This is my first time posting on here :)

13. D Gustafson

D Gustafson Registered Guest

Vito Spinelli manufactured a line of junior sportswear in Hialeah, Florida. His partner and head designer was Jere Diamond. I grew up just a few houses away from the Spinelli family in North Miami, modeled in one catalog for the line, and briefly, and I do mean briefly, married Mark Robert Diamond, Jere's son. I have ads from an old newspaper I'd be happy to upload.

cotmyey likes this.