1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone recognize the signature on these original 1950s/60s fashion sketches?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by DaisyandStella, May 21, 2024.

1. DaisyandStella

DaisyandStella VFG Member

I came across 9 hand sketched and colored vintage fashion sketches that appear to be fashions of the 1950s / 1960s. They are all signed but I’m having a hard time identifying the signature. It looks somewhat like “Herrerz” or “Herierz” - any other thoughts?

Brooke

Attached Files:

2. Shusteroo

Shusteroo VFG Member

They're sweet sketches. I can see why you're having difficulty, each signature looks a little different.

I don't recognise the signature, but to me the sketch with the red dress looks like Herreiz - and it looks a bit like it says a couple of numbers underneath, although it could just be a squiggly line! It seems Herreiz is actually a surname, but with a cursory search I couldn't find any vintage designers with that name.

Other possibilities could be Herraiz, Herranz or Herrenz... I found a designer called Valentin Herraiz but I can't find any connection and it's probably just a common surname.

DaisyandStella likes this.
  3. I don't have anything to add concerning the name but on a couple of them it looks like there is the number 51 at the lower right of the signatures... 1951?
    Also, they look like junior/teen styles.
    They'd be lovely for display!

DaisyandStella likes this.
  4. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

I don't have anything to add on the signature. The sketches strike me as the work of a fashion design or fashion illustration student.