1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

anyone seen Schiaparelli sunglasses like these?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by secondlooks, May 15, 2010.

1. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

just found these, aren't they cool!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Crazy Cool! I'm having an Elton John moment looking at them ;)

3. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

Lol! And the rim trim does resemble piano keys. Uber cool! :)

4. listitcafe

listitcafe Registered Guest

NICE!!!

-Chris

5. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

6. Linn

Linn Super Moderator Staff Member VFG Past President

Oh, my!!!!

You have found a treasure. But can you part with them????

Linn

7. secondlooks

secondlooks Alumni

I guess I better list fast before I get too "attached". I also found this Schiaparelli piece which I think is a scarf ring, right?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. BijouVintage

BijouVintage Alumni

:adore: good lord girl! where do you find this stuff:fainting:

9. thevintagebungalow

thevintagebungalow VFG Member

10. VintageFray

VintageFray Alumni

very very cool!

11. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

12. thespectrum

thespectrum VFG Member Staff Member

13. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

:fainting: WOW! What a find!

14. Incredible shades and scarf ring! :jawdrop:

15. :jawdrop:

Those shades are TDF!

16. dorotheascloset

dorotheascloset Registered Guest

oooh....I'm sooo jealous! I've seen pics of these on blogs in the past and have coveted them for years. :( Lucky find!!!!

Ang

17. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

18. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

19. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Those are amazing! I could never part with them!

20. vertugarde

vertugarde Alumni

The sunglasses are a great find!

I came across this piece of info which is from an extract about American optical history - the link is at the bottom;

"Fashion designers abroad were rendering their names to frame manufacturers in order to introduce the influence of fashion to eyewear. American Optical Company, at that time, entered negotiations with Madame Elsa Schiaparelli of 21 Place Vendome, Paris, France. Madame Schiaparelli, at that time, was an extremely popular, well-known fashion designer. In 1952 an agreement was finalized and the Schiaparelli Collection concept was undertaken. As I recall, this was the very first designer collection of eyewear to be launched in the United States. The Schiaparelli Collection was comprised of 90 different frames in numerous styles, sizes, ornamentations and colors. Each style was given an appealing French name such as “La Mondaine” (woman of the world), Feu d’Artfice (fireworks) and Plume D’Or (golden feather) to name a few. Designs in the previous metal collection were ornamented with cultured pearls and diamonds. “The Crown Jewels,” a platinum rimless frame set with diamonds, was valued at $10,000.

Presentation of The Schiaparelli Collection was given individually and privately to members of the professions. Trained American Optical sales representatives made these presentations in hotel suites; each presentation as well as guest appearances on television promoting The Schiaparelli Collection."

http://tinyurl.com/39df9k3