1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aquascutum from 30's?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Michael Ryll, Jan 9, 2018.

?

Can I dry clean with the modern methods?

1. Value

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Cleaning

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Michael Ryll

Michael Ryll Registered Guest

20180109_150723.jpg Is there any value to this tweed overcoat?

Attached Files:

2. Hello and welcome to the forums. We do not value items on this site. Searching selling sites for similar items will give you an idea of what other sellers are asking. You may also research sold items on eBay.

As to dry cleaning the coat, I do not see a problem if you have a reputable cleaner. Look forward to what others have to say in this regard.

Is there a dated tag on the coat? I'm not seeing 30s.

I will delete the other thread you started on this coat. Please know that sometimes it can take a day or two for members to respond to a query. Multiple threads for the same item creates confusion. Thanks.

3. Michael Ryll

Michael Ryll Registered Guest

Thank you, sorry for troubling you.

4. amandainvermont

amandainvermont VFG Member

The coat looks wonderful. Condition and size are two of the things that determine the value for shoppers. As Deborah says, check similar "sold" items on eBay. That's what many of us do to determine approximate value. And we LIKE getting questions about vintage Michael, so you are definitely NOT "troubling" anyone !!!

5. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Nice coat, really like the tweed. It should not be a problem to dry clean.
    Definitely not 30s as the label does read Queen Elizabeth, Queen Mother and Prince of Wales.
    It is more likely late 50s / early 60s.

6. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage VFG Member

7. It's really nice and I am thinking maybe 1960s.