1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! 2006-2014

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by Patentleathershoes, Feb 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

2006 NEW TO THE BOARD? INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

JUST REGISTERED? INTRODUCE YOURSELF

Our original thread AND our 2005 intro are bursting at the seams. Here is a (belated) new version for the new year!

If you have just registered why not introduce yourself to the rest of us? Tell us a little about who you are and what you like because we'd all love to get to know you.

Use this thread for posting an introduction to you!!

Also check out the rest of the New Visitor's Center for frequently asked technical questions to make your stay an easy as well as pleasant one!

Have fun,
    Chris Mastrangelo (patentleathershoes)

2. CarsonD

CarsonD Registered Guest

Hi, I recently discovered vintage sewing and am very excited about this new interest!

I am in love with forties rayon and thirtuies and forties fashion.

Carolyn

3. cymbeline

cymbeline Registered Guest

HI Carolyn, welcome!
    kelly

4. Coutureallure

Coutureallure Alumni

Carolyn, its great to see you here! I have been a seamstress for over 30 years. My grandma taught me to sew when I was 12, bless her. She really influenced my life with that gift.

We'd love to see pics of some of your projects!

Jody

5. Patentleathershoes

Welcome!

:party:

Chris

6. Hi Carolyn!!:hiya: Nice to have you!

I love the 40s, too. I learned how to sew in the 9th grade but haven't sewn in years, so I probably forgot everything I ever knew. I look forward to having time to learn again.:)

Yes, let us see some of your projects!

7. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

Hi Carolyn!

I don't have the chance to be here often, but it's nice to see you. :)

8. NovaFashions

NovaFashions VFG Member

Hi from a Canuck representative! :)

9. theopshoproc

theopshoproc VFG Member

On my list of things to do before I die? Learn to sew.

10. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Me too Justine!

Welcome Carolyn - look forward to seeing some of your creations! :)

11. gaildavid

gaildavid VFG Member

I have a great admiration for those who sew. :bouncing: I can't even sew a straight line with a sewing machine. :wacko:

Welcome to the VFG, Carolyn. :hiya:

Gail

12. Laura Williams

Laura Williams Registered Guest

Hello,
    I just found this wonderful site last week and decided I needed to join! I specialize in vintage jewelry currently, but have collected and sold vintage clothing for the past 30 years. I don't know much about clothing, but have always been attracted to it and compulsively bought almost anything I found at thrift stores, yard sales and flea marts. I have so much now that I am finally forcing myself to be more discerning regarding my purchases. I have learned that condition is very important, as well as cut and color, in terms of resale, but I still indulge myself in certain pieces if they really speak to me, regardless of their current salability.
    The resources here are great, and the labels pages have already been a benefit to me. Although I must admit I found them a day too late for a Pucci blouse I just sold on ebay... DOH! I knew it was vinatge, but didn't know it's age exactly, so I listed it with a relatively low Buy It Now (for what turned out to be a 1960s label). Oh well, I still made a very nice profit on the blouse {:)
    I'm really looking forward to learning all I can about vintage clothing, and enjoying this site.
    Thanks for having me,
    Laura

13. Laura Williams

Hi All,
    At the risk of double posting, I'm not sure I did this right tthe first time so I'm sending it again. I'm having a little trouble finding my way around the message board, sorry... anyway...
    I just found this wonderful site last week and decided I needed to join! I specialize in vintage jewelry currently, but have collected and sold vintage clothing for the past 30 years. I don't know much about clothing, but have always been attracted to it and compulsively bought almost anything I found at thrift stores, yard sales and flea marts. I have so much now that I am finally forcing myself to be more discerning regarding my purchases. I have learned that condition is very important, as well as cut and color, in terms of resale, but I still indulge myself in certain pieces if they really speak to me, regardless of their current salability.
    The resources here are great, and the labels pages have already been a benefit to me. Although I must admit I found them a day too late for a Pucci blouse I just sold on ebay... DOH! I knew it was vinatge, but didn't know it's age exactly, so I listed it with a relatively low Buy It Now (for what turned out to be a 1960s label). Oh well, I still made a very nice profit on the blouse {:)
    I'm really looking forward to learning all I can about vintage clothing, and enjoying this site.
    Thanks for having me,
    Laura

14. Patentleathershoes

but I still indulge myself in certain pieces if they really speak to me, regardless of their current salability.

Sounds like the story of my life :)

Glad to have you here, Laura

Chris

15. wyomingvintage

wyomingvintage VFG Member

Hi and welcome Laura!! This is a fabulous place and there are wonderful resources to be found. Don't worry I have a hard time finding my way around too ;)

16. Laura Williams

Thanks Chris!
    Laura

17. Laura Williams

Thanks! I'm really liking it here.
    {:)
    Laura

18. Hi Laura!:clapping: Feel free to post anytime and WELCOME!!

19. Laura Williams

Thanks Linda!

20. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Hi Laura - Welcome!! :hiya:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.