1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you NEW?? Introduce Yourself!! - 2015

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Information Center - Welcome to the Forums' started by poppysvintageclothing, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paige

paige Registered Guest

Hi my name is Paige I just signed up. I recently started collecting vintage purses. Mostly beaded so far. I was hoping for help dating a few of them and want to learn more to make me a better collector.

2. evahong

evahong Registered Guest

Hi registered 5 mins ago, i am currently a fashion design trainee in Singapore. I am preparing to start up my direct merchandising fashion business and personal labels too. expected to launch in year 2016. I will definitely share with you guys on the surprises I will offer to you guys. woohoobanannaemoti

3. jessinboots

jessinboots Registered Guest

Hi everyone! First off, I love this website. I've been vintage/ thrift shopping for years and would pop in every so often for label info. I'm so impressed with the community you guys have built!
    Recently I've begun collecting more seriously and am beginning to sell online. I'm from the metro NY area and visit my partner's family (and shop!!!) in Italy about 4-5 times a year so also consider that home base #2. Looking forward to interacting with you all!

4. Kittencaboodle

Kittencaboodle Registered Guest

Hi! Sassy southern belle who has just been fascinated with vintage fashions for a while. I used to be really into rockabilly and then grew out of it, but the fashionista in me never left.

I adore the styles from the 40's and 50's. The silhouettes, the hair, the makeup, the lingerie. All of it.

So I'm taking the plunge back in. I really want to start incorporating more of it into my personal style. I'm really looking forward to getting to know y'all here and finding all those treasures of vintage fashion!

Retro Ruth likes this.
  5. Ayesha

Ayesha Registered Guest

Hi Everyone! I am of course BRAND NEW to THE VINTAGE site! I have lots to ask and lots to post... HELP!!! I just received the task and permission to catalog a family Estate full of goodies and there are some items that I don't recognize but they keep nagging at me. When I googled a few of the labels this site kept popping up, so I've registered. The problem is, now I am torn between becoming a hoarder because so much of it is so damn adorable and selling it because well it's kinda hard out there and frankly I am just not able to afford multiple homes in multiple states and put a kid through college. Anywho.....looking forward to getting to know you all and learning knew things!! Thanks in advance.

6. #JLC*

#JLC* Guest

Hi
    I am a collector turned vendor on Etsy and local festivals. I am a gypsy at heart so I wish I could travel in a big bus to street fairs all over the country. I of course have collected more than I have turned lose of so my house is dripping with vintage jewels and clothes ;-) I am very grateful to have found y'all and look forward to my education.

Attirelyvintage likes this.
  7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Board Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Nice to see all of you new vintage lovers finding us! We will look forward to seeing some of your lovely items!

8. toddkim

toddkim Registered Guest

Hi. I am Todd. I am new here. I am a shoe lover. I love to collect vintage products especially shoes.

9. Lecos artworks

Lecos artworks Registered Guest

Hi, I'm Mick. 74yrs old. worked in leatherwork at a limb centre, making and repairing leather items, for 20yrs. Trained at Cordwainers College. Hackney .Leather-goods + NEBBS + Licensorship. Also I have completed a course of corset-making at The London School of Fashion. I am mostly interested in pattern-making.

10. David Peterson

David Peterson Registered Guest

Hi All! I'm Davie and I just joined (registered as a guest) a moment ago :) I love vintage fashion and am just starting to build my collection. I am really looking forward to getting to know you all and am hoping to learn a lot!!!

11. Jan Willis

Jan Willis Registered Guest

Hi, I'm a new vintage seller and I have made some incredible finds. I'm looking forward to learning a lot more about Vintage clothing!

12. pinky-a-gogo

pinky-a-gogo VFG Member VFG Past President

Hi... welcome all!

13. matthew

matthew Registered Guest

Hello! I will say that I know very little about anything related to fashion. I have been trying to help out my neighbor sell a few items. Ive come across a leather jacket. Ive come to believe its was made by designer Gianfranco Ferre(that was easy), and also that its rather old and in great condition as far as I can see. Main issue is, I dont see anything like it on the internet. It seems rather unique and much more aggressive then anything ive seen from this designer online new or old. So any information or help or opinions on it would be wonderful, i hope this is the place to do this.

Attached Files:

Metro Retro Vintage likes this.
  14. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

15. Ladyscribe

Ladyscribe Registered Guest

Looking forward to reading and learning. Most immediate problem; 1920/30s machine beading on a dress. Have to write on this and need information about techniques used in the 20/30s. Specific dress I'm using as example was made for BOURNE & HOLLINGSWORTH 85/90 years ago. Info on how/where and anything really .... Thanks

16. oldsoulretro

oldsoulretro Registered Guest

Hello,

I have been using this site as a resource for quite some time.
    I love the great workmanship, quality, and uniqueness that vintage clothing offers. They are absolute treasures and a piece of tangible history.
    I not only have a love of vintage clothing but also the research aspect of it as well. I am constantly scouring the web, discovering the history of items and the long lost history of different companies. I love the journey through time that it sends me on...
    I am glad to be here and look forward to interacting with others who share my passion.
    Thanks for having me. :hiya:

Kind Regards,
    Rachel

17. Eilfiem

Eilfiem Registered Guest

Hello,
    I have had a long love of thrifting for unique clothes, but have become more drawn to collecting and wearing vintage clothes. Learning how to best identify the proper time period for a outfit has been a challenge I truly enjoy. i mostly frequent some of the thrift stores in my area and nearby towns along with the occasional fleamarket or yard sale during the summer season.

18. Thomas

Thomas Registered Guest

Hello,

I would like to introduce myself even though I already posted the first question (shame on me...).
    I am a collector of vintage shoes and boots from Germany and also admire vintage clothing from different eras. My focus is on the 1920's and 1930's - only for fashion and style reasons. I am also interested in other things from that era like technics (radio, first television, photography, architecture, crafts etc.).
    Hopefully I will not only be asking some questions here but also can give some information in future if possible.

Thomas

19. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

Welcome , Thomas! There are lots of people here who lave the 20s and 30s. Plus vintage shoes, of course.

20. Welcome, Thomas! Glad you found VFG!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.