1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Article on 1940s Hats at Fuzzylizzie.com

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by fuzzylizzie, Nov 13, 2006.

1. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

I just added the latest article to my site. This one is a little different. I took hat-buying advice from 4 vintage 40s sources to write a little primer on getting a hat that suits.

I hope you all like it!

1940s Hats

2. I'll be dropping by later to read it ALL! I love your articles.

3. Hattysattic

Hattysattic VFG Secretary

Lizzie, I only just got a chance to read it - excellent advice I must say! And some lovely hats too... :wub:

4. Great article! I love reading about wartime fashions. I had some newspaper articles with the estate I got of Jeans (much of it on my MySpace blog), but one I remembered finding interesting was the mention of the size of the handbag being made to accomodate ration coupon books. Can you imagine how people today would react to the war affecting the fashion industry? Ang

5. PS, those are great hats. I love hats, wish I had occasion to wear them! Ang

6. missproper

missproper Alumni

Loved the article Lizzie!

gorgeous hats :wub:

7. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

Super job, Lizzie!

Great Article with wonderful Photos of great Hats. I just adore 40s hats, they had such panache!

8. DeCoDiVa

DeCoDiVa Registered Guest

Another nice job! Well done.
    Wel I gues this is as good a time as ever to introduce myself I posted message regarding a alink in the informative article at VFG concering lingerie. I have inherited a suitcase full and have been airing out considering repairs and trying to phot catolog and date them. Natch, I went to your site and read tested a few links. All seem to be working except for one which I posted in one of the forums.. I can't remember which becuase I am a novice here.... but I mean well. Thank you for all the good stuff you bring.
    DD:hiya:

9. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

I love your stuff. Fabulous article. Sandy