1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Assistance With IDing and understanding Union Label in 80s Dior Dress, Please

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by QVintage, Feb 6, 2020.

1. QVintage

QVintage Registered Guest

Hi everyone. I'm truly stumped on this Christian Dior velvet gown. I believe it's clearly from the 1980s, meaning it was a Marc Bohan design, but I can't find ANY other information for a dress like this online, after tons of research.

It also has a Union Label, which I've included a picture of here along with numerous others. It doesn't seem to have a label number, meaning it's not couture, but does this piece look familiar to ANYONE who could offer me more information about it? I know we don't discuss pricing on the forum, but is it ok to ask if the inclusion of the Union Label make it less rare or valuable? Don't want to mislead my clients due to lack of knowledge. Thank you so much, and enjoy the photos! Hope to be able to offer help of my own to others soon. DSC_0240.JPG DSC_0244.JPG DSC_0246.JPG DSC_0260.JPG DSC_0264.JPG DSC_0267.JPG DSC_0266.JPG DSC_0249.jpg

2. pastperfect2

pastperfect2 Alumni +

This would be a US made ready to wear, made and designed in the US, and under a licence from Dior, which was something Dior did a lot of in the 1980s. So not designed by Bohan. The value is more as 1980s ready to wear than as Dior. But that Dior label will add a bit to the value.

Retro Ruth likes this.