Augusta Auctions Vintage & Historic Clothing Sale

Discussion in 'PUBLIC VFG News - Announcements and events' started by Metro Retro Vintage, Apr 30, 2018.

1. Metro Retro Vintage

Metro Retro Vintage Trade Member

Carrie, did you win any lots? It must have been a fun time.

2. Metro Retro Vintage

3. cmpollack

cmpollack Trade Member

Laura--I got a big batch of ties and men's accessories, and more fabric swatchbooks from the now defunct American Textile History Museum--one from the 1850s! A couple are marked as from Massachusetts mills; I'm thrilled to be keeping the local history... local! :clapping:

(I'll be posting photos on IG after the precautionary freeze-fumigation is complete...:USETHUMBUP:)

4. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing Administrator Staff Member

5. Metro Retro Vintage

Carrie, these wins sound fabulous! I'm going to be checking your Instagram feed every day in anticipation, lol!

cmpollack likes this.
  6. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

I’m not surprised that stuff went forbig money. I have never seen buying like this!

7. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

I guess it's all good news because it shows the great demand out there for vintage. People with deep pockets.

8. lindapoirier

lindapoirier Registered Guest

I was also watching this woman's bicycle coat because, I think, it was exceptional. $1,750.

IMG_1893.JPG

9. amandainvermont

amandainvermont Trade Member

I hope Susan is having lots of buyers at Brimfield. Is Jen there too?

10. northstarvintage

northstarvintage Administrator Staff Member

Jen is not here. And we were mobbed with buyers on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday and Thursday were slow but they always are. We’ll get the retail crowd now. It’s been crazy good. It’s like vintage fashion boot camp.

11. morning-glorious

morning-glorious Trade Member

Wow!! So glad to hear it's busy! Dang, I miss it!