1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Authentic Victoria’s Secret Label?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Rianna Cress, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Rianna Cress

Rianna Cress Registered Guest

Hello! I am an online seller and I thrift to find vintage finds and such. I am very new to it and don’t know much about vintage clothing, although I enjoy it! I was wondering if anyone could help me identify if this was a real Victoria’s Secret label, and if possible, what era is it from? Thank you!

2. poppysvintageclothing

poppysvintageclothing VFG Member Staff Member VFG Past President

I don't see the letter "C" in Victoria in your photo. It looks like Vitoria's Secret from your photo.
    Also most Victoria's Secret labels that I have seen never have the name on one line, it is Victoria's on top and Secret underneath.
    Perhaps someone else can help id this for you here.

For sure if there is no letter c it cannot be.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2020
  3. Rianna Cress

Oh! There is a c, that’s my fault! The tag was slightly folded and covered the c. :)

4. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

We can't authenticate labels here. Please read the forum rules.

If you want help with era, post a photo of the whole garment.

5. poppysvintageclothing

Sorry about that, I should have said we cannot authenticate labels here. As Ruth has stated we can help to try to id the era though.

6. Rianna Cress

My apologies then. Below I’ve uploaded a picture of the garment. It is a two piece pink and white striped pj set.

Attached Files:

Retro Ruth likes this.
  7. poppysvintageclothing

I would say it is probably newer as it is Made In China, so it would depend on when they started making their product there.
    Can't be sure that it is actually vintage (as in 20 yrs old).

Perhaps someone else here can help.

Retro Ruth likes this.
  8. bycinbyhand

bycinbyhand VFG Member

I think this isn't vintage...

9. Rianna Cress

This is the most unhelpful thread... and people are so rude on here.

10. I am sorry you feel that way. It is a newer garment and not classified as vintage as of yet.

11. denisebrain

denisebrain VFG Vice President Staff Member VFG Past President

I'm so sorry Rianna, we are able to help in placing an item in time the best we can, but there are forum rules that may seem rude. These are in place not so much for people like you.

Please know, we are here to help in all the ways we can.

12. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Apologies if I was a bit short, in pointing you towards our forum rules.

We are strict about not being able to help with authentication of labels, so that is help we can't offer.

People have tried to help you with era. I hope you'll stick around and discover we are helpful when we can be.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2020