1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beaded Clutch, I have no idea what time period

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Katyallen, Aug 13, 2020.

1. Katyallen

Katyallen Registered Guest

I need your help. My great grandma owned this clutch.

I hate to admit it but this beautiful piece of artwork was played with during dress up time growing up.

I’m now at the age where I’m starting to appreciate vintage treasures and I came across this clutch while sorting old Knick knacks.

I have no idea where it’s from. Who made it (no label). Some of the beads are coming off and before I try to fix it myself I want to know how much care I need to be taking with this item.

Can anyone help me figure out the time period? It’s a quality clutch. It breaks my heart adults let me play with this when I was was a child.

Attached Files:

2. 1950s early 60s to me.
    Pretty with the what looks like a mother of pearl decorated frame. Or is it metal. Its hard to make out in the photo

3. Katyallen

Katyallen Registered Guest

Thanks so much for your reply. That is super helpful! ♥️

I think it’s just metal there isn’t any light variance to it.

4. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President

This looks like a 1940s bag to me. The art metal framework and beading would be appropriate for an evening bag of that time period. Does it have a Made in France label?

Here is a photo of some 1930s/40s bags from one of my handbag books - they all have metal frames and other pages show many beaded purses. Hope it helps you. ~Janice

5. Racked Vintage

Racked Vintage Alumni VFG Past President