1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Beautiful coral coat from Suzanne

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Show and Tell - Share your treasures' started by Circa Vintage Clothing, Jun 17, 2013.

1. Hi all,

Recently I asked the VFG for help with sourcing a new winter coat and after many wonderful styles offered by members, I thought you might like to see the winning entrant.

Today my new coat arrived from Suzanne from Another Time Vintage Apparel - thank you Suzanne, I love it! The colour does clash a little with my hair but we knew that was a possibility and I'm getting my hair done this week so I'll see about getting a more compatible colour (more red, less pink).

The coat looks quite red here - perhaps it's my red velvet chairs and pink hair that is throwing it off, but it's a quite strong coral colour. I particularly love the big sleeves with the turned back cuffs: great for when you want a bit of extra warmth and the length is just right.

Suzanne's coat.jpg

Thank you to everyone who offered suggestions - there were so many great coats. I love shopping with the VFG.

Nicole

2. Rue_de_la_Paix

Rue_de_la_Paix VFG Member

Wonderful and it looks smashing on you!

3. Thanks Barbara - you can't see in the pic, but it has a really nice button with a bound button hole just under the collar too - I like the way it looks open though, so I'll probably wear it like that most of the time.

4. vintagedevotion

vintagedevotion VFG Board Member

Great choice. You look fabulous! Love your shop, your red velvet chairs and candy cane pillows. Yum!

5. Thanks Terri! The cushions are last year's Laura Ashley - they remind me of a '30s beach house, and I love them too. Red is my favourite colour - over on the left you can see the crimson velvet curtains that are the background in most of my webshop pics, I've had them for about 25 years now and they're super long, like theatre curtains.

6. We Heart Vintage

We Heart Vintage Registered Guest

Wow, love your coat, your candy stripe cushions are wonderful too!

7. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Nicole- your coat is awesome!! Well done, mine should be here any day soon as well :)

8. Please post a pic of yours too, Gayle - I just love the mint colour so I think I may be as excited as you are :)

Maybe you can wear it to Melbourne for the Hollywood exhibition!

9. sewingmachinegirl

sewingmachinegirl VFG Member

Indeed Nicole- that is my plan when I visit you and your fair city, although it may not be warm enough for Melbourne then!!

10. EndlessAlley

EndlessAlley Alumni

Nicole that coat looks great on you! Good choice. And what fun to have a peak at your shop.

11. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

That looks great, and a great fit! And I look forward to seeing the new hair colour too.

12. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

oh, i LOVE that on you, Nicole! and like the others, it's neat to be able to see (part of) your shop, too! looking forward to seeing your updated color and Gayle's coat, too!

13. vivavintageclothing

vivavintageclothing VFG Member

It looks great on you, Nicole! What a fabulous coat!

14. MissRita

MissRita Guest

Oh my gosh, your shop looks fabulous Nicole. :wub: Love the coat on you too and can't wait to see your new hair colour!

15. Midge

Midge Super Moderator Staff Member

Great coat, love the color! My winter coat has they same kind of wide sleeves and cuffs - just great when it's cold!

Karin

16. It looks Fab on you, Nicole.
    I am So glad it went to such an appreciative new owner.
    It was always my favorite and I could never bear to part with it earlier.

The Vintage Merchant likes this.
  17. Hi Suzanne,

I've worn it every day since getting it, so you can rest assured it is being appreciated - it's lighter and shorter than my other coats, so it's a good every day coat.

I can't wait to see pics of Gayle's new coat too! It's hard to get nice coats in Australia: we focus more on the summer, so winter clothes get a bit neglected and we have lots of moths and insects to munch the woollens.

thank you again,
    Nicole

18. INVINTAGEV

INVINTAGEV VFG Member

really beautiful I love the color and the shape!

19. honeychurch

honeychurch Registered Guest

Echoing everyone else, stunning fit, colour and shape!