1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Guesses needed for Burberrys' Hat

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by onceoza, Apr 7, 2012.

1. joules

joules VFG Member

That explains my duffle.
    And I bought it at Bullock's Wilshire. I've been puzzled for years about it, and that makes sense.

2. cosmiccowgirl

cosmiccowgirl Alumni

Because of increased demand in the late 70s to early 80s, Vuitton contracted with a US company called The French Company to produce some of its best selling items in their US facilities. These items look a little different and are very easy for a collector to distinguish. The quality was actually on par --- and sometimes even better --- than Vuitton produced goods. There are vintage collectors who prefer the FC items. Vuitton is a little embarrassed about this period in their history and has tried to pretend it never happened. They even refuse to repair French Company produced items. Vuitton currently produces items in their own USA-based facility as well as facilities in France and Spain. Some fans believe the French factories produce the highest quality items and won't buy any goods made by Vuitton that are stamped otherwise.

Burberry was an old person brand in the 80s. However what I am saying is that the item is not necessarily original to the packaging and tag it was found with. There is no way to tell this since it was purchased second hand. Given the stuff I have seen recently with the vintage styled counterfeits, there is no possible way for anyone but an expert to know for sure.

cotmyey likes this.
  3. foofoogal

foofoogal Registered Guest

Interesting thread. I always thought the plaid matching up was key.