1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bradley Knit Wear Major League age identification

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Lisa Rinehart, Jan 14, 2022.

1. Lisa Rinehart

Lisa Rinehart Registered Guest

Hi, I recently picket this item up at an estate sale. I do not know the age or school that the O represents. I am however looking for some assistance if anyone is familiar with Bradley clothing. I plan on loading the image to the database once I receive more information.
    I really appreciate it, Lisa bradleylogo.jpg bradleysweater.jpg

2. Vintagiality

Vintagiality VFG Treasurer Staff Member

They seem to have been very popular starting in the 1920s. Apparently in “the mid-1920s, the Bradley Knitting Company began an affiliation with Major League Baseball by offering the “Bradley Big League Sweater” to youngsters and fans of the game through advertisements in Baseball magazine.”

From a 1924 publication:
    “Bradley Big League Sweaters were worn by practically every team in both the National and the American leagues”

Here is a tone of info on the company from Lizzie Bramlett (AKA fuzzylizzie)
    https://thevintagetraveler.wordpres...ey-knitting-company-of-delavan-wisconsin/amp/
    There are some other links on the bottom of that page too