1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. alohachristina

alohachristina Registered Guest

New at vintage clothing. Can anyone tell me if this is? Thanks 20131023_185917.jpg 20131023_185917.jpg

2. Retro Ruth

Retro Ruth VFG Member Staff Member

Do you mean you are wondering if it's vintage? Looks likely, but we'd need to see the whole the garment.

I'm moving your thread to the Q&A section.

3. alohachristina

Here's a full picture of the garment

Attached Files:

4. alohachristina

I have another question. If it has the care instructions on the label does that mean the garment is made after 1971. I did another garment on etsy with the same label that was dated 1960's. I also found another label that looks exactly the same but it stated slip into a bradley. But with the bradley knitwear labels on this website I couldn't find a match. Does this mean its not a genuine bradley knitwear?

5. Retro Ruth

Hi Christina,

We don't have all the labels that exist, so if you find one that doesn't appear in our resource, it doesn't mean it's a fake, just that we don't have an example of it.We are always keen to receive images of labels that we don't already have, here is the thread and instructions for doing that.

I believe care labels became mandatory in the USA in 1971, but that doesn't mean they don't appear before then, just that it's less likely as it wasn't compulsory.

I'm not sure on the age of your sweater, perhaps someone else may be able to help.

6. alohachristina

Hi Ruth

Thank you for your reply and for your information. I'm starting to enjoy vintage pieces and every little info helps. I'm happy to have found your website. I don't specifically need a date for the garment. Its just exciting to know its vintage.

7. Cori M

Cori M Registered Guest

I found this Bradley Knitwear sweater the other day and I would like help identifying the year or era it was made. Its in near mint condition, the only flaw a small begining of a moth? hole on the top of the E. Other than that, its perfect. The only other sweater I could find was a similar style one with the same tag on eBay. The seller claims it's from the 20's and I'd like to know for sure before I list it. That sweater was listed for around $90, so that would be a blessing if I could get anywhere near that amount for this one. I look forward to learning any info you may have regarding this sweater. Thanks in advance for your help.

Attached Files:

Vlk94 likes this.
  8. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

the first sweater from Aloha Christina appears to be 60s: that acrylic, and the open weave are typical of that time.

Cori, your sweater does appear to be much older, that is a terrific label, and letter sweaters are typically really excellent sellers: that colorway of purple and white is great, too.

I'm not that familiar with sweater knits to suggest a date, but it's likely someone here will be able to help you. oh, and for the most part, we do not suggest values here, however, I will say that your sweater could easily fetch more than $90, possibly if the right people see your auction (if that's how you choose to sell it).

congratulations on a really neat find, Cori!

9. Retro Ruth

In case it is a moth hole, I suggest you do the double-freeze moth treatment to prevent further damage. See reply 2 on this separate thread about moth damage.

10. fuzzylizzie

fuzzylizzie Alumni

Cori,

It could be 1920s, or 1930s. I have a 1935 catalog (not Bradley, but a sports company) that shows a very similar neck. Sports styles like this change slowly.

11. Cori M

Cori M Registered Guest

Thanks to all of you for your help! I often come across rare and interesting pieces, so will share my finds with you. I'm excited about this sweater and the information I've obtained about it. I'm about to list on eBay right now. I'll update you when it sells. Again, thanks for all of your help!

12. Cori M

Cori M Registered Guest

Here is the link to the listing:

LINK REMOVED BY ADMIN - PLEASE READ FORUM RULES