1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buyer wants to return due to comfort - how to handle?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by themerchantsofvintage, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Patentleathershoes

Patentleathershoes VFG Veteran VFG Past President

so she appeared to be honest.

You know she very well may be. But still, it is not your fault that these shoes aren't perfect for her. That is the risk one takes with buying at auction. When i first started buying dresses on ebay, there were a few that I ended up reselling right away because i was still getting the hang of buying by "flat measurements". Some of it had to do on the measurements seeming right, but really need ing more because of the intended drape of the garment, etc.

With shoes, I know that for certain styles, I need more room than others. It will still pretty much be the same number size...but when the number size is not available.

I wonder of this gal is not used to wearing platforms, or she is really a medium width. If i recall correctly, i didn't bid on the shoes because they measured out as a narrow width. I bet she must have saw them and got too excited to notice.

2. Thanks, Chris. I just went to check her other purchases and found boots and shoes - 8-1/2 to 9 B width!!! Now she could have been buying for someone else, but ???

I could not have been more precise about these being narrow - in the title, in the size and I also added: Note: I am an 8-1/2 B width and I can usually squeeze into an 8 B width shoe. These are definately a narrow width as I cannot get my foot in.

Still no reply and my gut tells me I'm not going to get one. But I'll let you know if I do.