1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calico Patchwork Tony lama

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Kimberly brannon, Apr 17, 2021.

1. Kimberly brannon

Kimberly brannon Registered Guest

4B782326-FA74-46C8-9C75-9A2E62303E0D.png E3094924-A192-4775-8B02-6051301C58F2.png AD231BCD-F8D6-4201-A63F-96F2AC7301D8.png 19E44DF2-E883-433F-8D17-49FC53C1B7D1.png

Hi! So I have come across these boots they are beautiful although I can’t seem to find any others like them and don’t know what era or what they are made of but they are neat and appears to be quite a rare pair of Tony Lama boots. Do they carry any value does anyone know?? Any information would be greatly appreciated! Thank you

GemGem likes this.
  2. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

most Tony Lama boots are constructed of leather. love the harlequin patchwork, how are the toes? pointed? or just rounded?

you might find this page with the story of Tony Lama interesting. There's a "contact us" link at the bottom of that page; someone there may be able to help you with your questions.

oh, and I would recommend treating them with some Cadillac lotion to really shine them up nicely.

GemGem likes this.
  3. Kimberly brannon

Kimberly brannon Registered Guest

The Are pointy toe! To me very traditional looking books outside of being patched together of course. Also Thank you kindly for the insight ma’am I’ll look into that! I own about 12 pairs of Tony Lama boots I should read this anyways I’m sure it will be great insight. The man sure knows what he’s doing when it comes to a good pair of boots! :) thanks again!

GemGem and The Vintage Merchant like this.
  4. The Vintage Merchant

The Vintage Merchant Administrator Staff Member

you're welcome. lucky you, 12 pairs of TL!!

wish i knew more details for you to date them more specifically. I have a feeling probably late 60s into 70s, though, as patchwork was so popular at that time. The heels look like two tone stacked leather? that's pretty cool, too.