1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can someone help me authenticate this alleged vintage YSL tote?

Discussion in 'PUBLIC Vintage Fashion - Ask Questions Get Answers' started by Aaliyah Nuyen, May 23, 2024.

1. Aaliyah Nuyen

Aaliyah Nuyen Registered Guest

Hello everyone! I recently purchased a YSL bag from Vestiaire Collective. The seller’s description did not specify which model or year it is, just said it was vintage. I typed physical details of the bag into Chat GPT, who then dated it for 80s/early 90s. The bag is in pristine condition if it is from the 80s, but there’s no serial number or authentication tag. Can anyone tell me if this is real? It passed the authentication check at one of Vestiaire’s warehouse locations, but I still have my doubts.

The letters on the zipper are YKK, though not legible in the photo, they are in person.

Any help or insight is much appreciated as well as any information about the style and a more precise release period of the bag. Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

2. MagsRags

MagsRags VFG President Staff Member

Welcome to the VFG forums, Aaliyeh. Please review the forum rules. We can usually help with dating, but we do not offer authentication services or pricing.

I would be cautious about trusting AI 'bots like chat GPT. In my experience, they regurgitate pieces of information fed to them and polish it up. If someone else fed them incorrect information, it can be spun back to you.

3. Jen S

Jen S Registered Guest

Try the purse forum